College certifcates.... 20 years ago!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salonworldwide

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know how i'll get my college hair+beauty certificates from 20 years ago!!!
I can't even remember what examining board it was!!!!
I tried ringing the college but they wanted to know the examining board.
Thanks

I'm in the same position and it's virtually impossible. Unless you know at the very least your awarding body and qualification, you don't stand a chance.

I had the same problem! (although mine turned up last week!) if u did an Nvq it was prob city and guilds, I called them and they want £36 ish for new ones! Shocker!

city & guilds sounds about right...thanks
a few years ago I went back to college to do the nail course (which i had to pay for),I sat the exam..passed+never received my certificate because the college couldn't find my manicure details from all those years ago.. I just thought "whatever" and never bothered since but now I need my nail certificates to do a conversion course+I can't get my nail certificates because I haven't got my hair+beauty certificates!:grr:

And it's such a pain paying for them again! Surely it's not hard to press print?? I'm sure mine were just on slightly thicker paper! Lol

And it's such a pain paying for them again! Surely it's not hard to press print?? I'm sure mine were just on slightly thicker paper! Lol

Haha..... Love it!!!

i did my hairdressing 16 yrs ago it was nvq 2 but city & guilds ... i am sure if you phone them they will tell you if you are on the list,i think you need to find out the college assesment number or something , hth xx

i did my hairdressing 16 yrs ago it was nvq 2 but city & guilds ... i am sure if you phone them they will tell you if you are on the list,i think you need to find out the college assesment number or something , hth xx
Thank-you, i'm going to phone next week..it's so frustrating!

hi

When I did my Nvq 2 in 2008 there was a right mix up with certificates I only received a unit credit certificate minus cutting:rolleyes:.

Had to make several phone calls, city and guilds blamed it on a computer error!! A few weeks later a certificate for my cutting unit, and full award certificate turned up!!!

off to take part in my competition now!!!!!!!!! xxxx

hi

When I did my Nvq 2 in 2008 there was a right mix up with certificates I only received a unit credit certificate minus cutting:rolleyes:.

Had to make several phone calls, city and guilds blamed it on a computer error!! A few weeks later a certificate for my cutting unit, and full award certificate turned up!!!

off to take part in my competition now!!!!!!!!! xxxx

Good luck!!! Let u's know how you got on xx

the competition went very well. You can see my pics via my profile, and a news item on my college website www.petroc.ac.uk There is a picture of me working on my model xx :)

I too have lost my certificates grrrrr! from 20 years ago i did city & guilds plus diplomas ive set up my own beauty room and need them for trade cards and insurance im soooooo frustrated i dont want to have to pay £38 for each certificate to be duplicated and wait 6 weeks for them to do it! :cry:

I looked up online I think I got in touch with City and Guilds? Not sure now but I had NVQ Level 2 in hairdressing... and mine was 20 years ago too!!!!

I did my manicure & pedicure 10 years ago, it was an IHBC through VTCT. Got number off VTCT website and they had me on system still as you get lifetime registration with them. Paid £25 and certificate should be here next week. HTH x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back