color buildup? help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosiegwill

Reaction score
what did i l do before i found this website??:D

anyway i put a color on a friend of mine the last day 66.46 wwella koleston.
she had about 70% grey at front and sides.
I called wella hotline to ask them should i put a little base in or is the double base covering that so they told me to put in a little base , fair enough.
I then asked them (now she had been going to a salon before this i amfreelance) how i thought her mid lenghts and ends were a little dark from color buildup what would they suggest?
she told me to do roots with 6% and mids and ends with 9%.
came off the phone and a little voice in my head was saying rosie tint will not lift tint, but hey if wella hotline is telling me then it must be right!
NO!! came out way too dark!!
she has her child;s first communion in 2 wks, is there anything out there that would lift the buildup.
please someone talk me through this!! i want this right for her!!

Maybe just try a gentle bleach bath to lift the darker ends then re-pig and colour again. As you have done the ends with 9%, it probably won't last anyway, so I would wait at least a couple of shampoos.. She could always wash it in Head and Shoulders. When I was a full head red I used bedhead foxy curls to lift it out. That stuff would strip the paint off your car.

thanks a mill for replying!
she is happy with it, i will wait a couple shampoos and see were she's at. i was thinking of the old head and shoulders myself LOL!!!!

Latest posts

Back