Color correction before and after opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerSwanson615

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago my friend asked me to do a two tone color for her. We did matrix so red rr and rv half and half. Then for the underneath we did 5m. She then got tired of the red and threw a color from Sally's over it to try to get it one what neutral. It didn't cover the red and the last inch or so of her hair turned green. So she was really upset about that. And of course, she wanted me to fix it. And of course, she wanted to be blonde. So I did a round of pravana color extractor and then deep conditioned and toned it out. She said she absolutely hates it, but for no particular reason. Here is the before and after. Opinions? Suggestions?

su9ave2y.jpg

na3etuzy.jpg

Wjat is it she doesnt like? I think its pretty good from starting off with such red hair..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

She find it too golden? Maybe tone it a bit more or add a few highlights in there?

Wjat is it she doesnt like? I think its pretty good from starting off with such red hair..

That's what I thought too. I mean we met in cosmetology school, so it's not like she doesn't know about hair. She said it was too green, gold, and neutral. So she can't really find what she doesn't like about it.

Lol.. Did you warn her its really hard to strip out so much red and end up with an even color? Unless she goes a bit dark with lighter highlights maybe?

Does she want a miracle? I find it funny clients that wants to change their hair colour like black to blonde in one day....

Does she want a miracle? I find it funny clients that wants to change their hair colour like black to blonde in one day....

Haha yea like : swallow the blue pill and get instant platinum blonde hair! Magic! Lol

First of all kudos on the colour achieved for red!! And whatever she had done to it!! But only hairdressers will appreciate how well and even the colour has come out considering. Unfortunately our none professionals see celebs go from colour to colour without the in between, but forget they spend 2-3 days indoors with colour after colour paying thousands in the process!

I think in her terms she may feel ginger as you have golden blonde in there, ask her what part she likes and what part she doesn't, if she feels too light, too white, too gold, too warm. And from there gauge weather to tone down or reduce warmth.

You can't correct until you know what she doesn't like, advise her due to amount of colouring she needs to leave it least a week anyway and to have a good think about what she wants to change.

I hope you not doing all this for free!

And I hope you told her how hard it is to go blonde after red... She's lucky she wasn't a pinky orange!

Clients think that because not enough stylists tell them no! They just do it!

I would say she's been lucky to get a good result considering how red it was. Get her to out together some pictures an dont touch it again until she is sure of what she wants. She may have studied hair but is being unrealistic expecting you to give her what she wants when she can't even tell u herself! X

I think you did an amazing job. It's so hard to do this sort of work I get asked to remove colours like this all the time. It's never guaranteed.

Clients think that because not enough stylists tell them no! They just do it!

100% agree with Blue here. I have been guilty of this as well early in my career. Trying to play the Hero, thinking we can accomplish the impossible and promising the client results that are not realistic. Instead, the professional approach to these situations, and the road I now take is educating the client. I don't just say "No" as people are completely turned off by being told "no" when they are paying for a service. (Spoiled brats.) I do not hold back when it comes to educating them as to why they cannot have exactly what they want.

So a few weeks ago my friend asked me to do a two tone color for her. We did matrix so red rr and rv half and half. Then for the underneath we did 5m. She then got tired of the red and threw a color from Sally's over it to try to get it one what neutral. It didn't cover the red and the last inch or so of her hair turned green. So she was really upset about that. And of course, she wanted me to fix it. And of course, she wanted to be blonde. So I did a round of pravana color extractor and then deep conditioned and toned it out. She said she absolutely hates it, but for no particular reason. Here is the before and after. Opinions? Suggestions?

su9ave2y.jpg

na3etuzy.jpg

I just have to say that the result you got here is pretty damn close to miraculous. If she's unhappy, she's simply an ungrateful brat. With her having knowledge of the inner workings of hair color, it's ridiculous that she is not pleased. I would tell her to go fly a kite and find someone else to do her hair.

Latest posts

Back