Colour advice, anyone please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lfox

Reaction score
Ok so young girl came in for consultation, she has very long thick hair, and a little bit porus. She's been putting box dyes on for year or so, this time she went lighter so had big glowing roots as you can imagine, so then brought another box to go over top which was a light brown now faded off and she left with a ginger look, equivalent to a 8.3 -9.3 ish. My friend said put a 8.1 10vol on but my thinking is cos she's pours it may leave a karki tinge.
Tech support said 8.0 1/2 8.2 with converter on wet hair as porus. Now my friend said she used 8.2 on its own on her hair (which is much lighter she has bleach hi lights) but she said it went purple on her hair, and said halting it with 8.0 might not be good enough to counteract the violet grabbing. She's not a fan of tech support as they lost her a client once... I use affinage colours. Can anyone give me their opinion please x

If the hair is two different colours, you can't put one colour all over as a solution so are you just trying to tackle the roots?

What's her natural base and what look are you trying to achieve?

It wasn't very clear from your post.

If the hair is two different colours, you can't put one colour all over as a solution so are you just trying to tackle the roots?

What's her natural base and what look are you trying to achieve?

It wasn't very clear from your post.
Her natural base from what I can see is a 6-7 but she has only a mm of regroth can hardly see it... She had put bleach all over her hair, then covered it up with a light brown, after 2 washes its faded (obviously) now a base 8.3 which she hates as she said she's ginger... She didn't want to go lighter or darker so a base 8 is fine but I want to tone the warmth out.... So iv been told 8.0 & 1/2 8.2... But my friend said 8.1 but I worried that will go karki

Think of your colour wheel, your saying she's got the tone of .3 which I assume is gold in your colour brand (never used affinage) what is opposite that on the wheel?

I would personally drop down to base 7 with the required tone because if some parts are an 8 and some a 7, the tint you apply won't touch the tone on the 7 pieces x

Hi yes I used a 7 and 7.2, but on roots I added a 6 as she faded even more there, colour turned out a lovely even 7... So very pleased with it.... Tried to give her the aftercare advise but she's 15 and loves messing with her hair... hoping she follows it as she will just strip it out.

Hi yes I used a 7 and 7.2, but on roots I added a 6 as she faded even more there, colour turned out a lovely even 7... So very pleased with it.... Tried to give her the aftercare advise but she's 15 and loves messing with her hair... hoping she follows it as she will just strip it out.

She's 15?
I wonder if you realise that your insurance doesn't cover chemical services on under 16's?

I know a lot do colour corrections on younger clients (especially after box dye disasters) and if it's someone they know well. I thought I'd mention it in case you were unaware. :)

Omg yes totally didn't realise!!! Didn't even think about that... Did the skin test etc but didn't even think about her age.

Omg yes totally didn't realise!!! Didn't even think about that... Did the skin test etc but didn't even think about her age.
I do know her well been doing her mums hair for years

Latest posts

Back