Colour advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
I am newly qualified and need advice.
I have a client coming tomorrow for a colour correction

Her hair now is a home balayage gone wrong. her top half is black - all natural virgin hair never coloured and the bottom ends are the dreaded burnt orange colour.

She wants to have the top half to be a base 4 and the bottom going into a base 5-6 for a more subtle effect.

My question is. Can I just go ahead and put the level 4 tint with 12% on the top to lift to a nice brown colour ?

And how would you go about refreshing the bottom bits as I am going to have to place bleach in some places to even it out and then tone it to a golden brown. Would I have to do this in foils after I’ve lifted the black or could I melt in ?
I know with a lot of balayage you tease the roots to avoid any lines.

Just need some advice on the colours and the best method to do this please.

Thank you so much

I am newly qualified and need advice.
I have a client coming tomorrow for a colour correction

Her hair now is a home balayage gone wrong. her top half is black - all natural virgin hair never coloured and the bottom ends are the dreaded burnt orange colour.

She wants to have the top half to be a base 4 and the bottom going into a base 5-6 for a more subtle effect.

My question is. Can I just go ahead and put the level 4 tint with 12% on the top to lift to a nice brown colour ?

And how would you go about refreshing the bottom bits as I am going to have to place bleach in some places to even it out and then tone it to a golden brown. Would I have to do this in foils after I’ve lifted the black or could I melt in ?
I know with a lot of balayage you tease the roots to avoid any lines.

Just need some advice on the colours and the best method to do this please.

Thank you so much
What level are you hoping to achieve with level 4 tint and 12%?
In theory that will give you 3 levels of lift?
Also how uneven are the mid lengths and ends?

Just wanting to go to a level 4 roughly for the top.
Yes they are quite uneven all over the bottom. Too

What you’re suggesting here is a very complex colour correction.
As you’re newly qualified (have you done any colour correction training?), try to keep it simple so that what you promise her, is realistic.

Was the level 4 root melt, the clients idea?
If she’s really dark (very few people are a natural level 1), she going to suffer obvious banding when the roots come through, (imagine the line you’d see between a 6 and a 10).
In your shoes, I’d recommend leaving the root area alone and focusing on the orange areas.
If it’s a diy job, I’m guessing it’s not been evenly done and perhaps is looking like a really bad dip dye?

If she wants a soft balayage look, this might mean using a darker tint on some of the orange and bleaching the rest to lift to a 6 to tone it to a light golden brown.

Latest posts

Back