Colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1976

Danny76
Reaction score
I had a client who wanted caramel highlights (used 8/73 CT with 1.9%, 1:2 ), at the roots and lowlights I used 6/37 with a bit of 5.1 CT, roots look amazing, but the caramel highlights look a bit orange in very short period of time, thinking to just tone them with 1 part/18 wella CT relights(ash pearl) and 2 parts pastel on damp hair, or I need 1.9% CT.
Anyone thinks the warmth(orange) will go away without with the above mentioned formula.
Any recommendations ?

Last edited:
No, the orange won’t go away. The underlying pigment in a level 5/6 is orange so you’ll need to re-tone it regularly.

Colour can wash out of bleached hair quite quickly unless the client is very careful in her haircare regime. Remind her to use warm not hot water for shampoo-ing and to use heat protector and keep heat tools set on a low setting.

You might find this video helps demonstrate just how quickly colour can fade.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/why-does-my-colour-fade-so-quickly.322324/

No, the orange won’t go away. The underlying pigment in a level 5/6 is orange so you’ll need to re-tone it regularly.

Colour can wash out of bleached hair quite quickly unless the client is very careful in her haircare regime. Remind her to use warm not hot water for shampoo-ing and to use heat protector and keep heat tools set on a low setting.

You might find this video helps demonstrate just how quickly colour can fade.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/why-does-my-colour-fade-so-quickly.322324/
Thanks for advice,best CT toner that will work well on this?
IMG-20190222-WA0001.jpeg

Thanks for advice,best CT toner that will work well on this?View attachment 208521
/86 relights will subdue it quite a bit. But you'll never get rid of the warmth completely unless you go a shade darker than the base she's on now. I did a colour change on someone from 7/34 to a nice warm caramel tone. By using/86 relights and 1.9% on cleansed hair.

To cancel those orange highlights i have used 9/16 CT with a bit of /18 relights and 1.9%,1:2 ratio on dry hair for 20 min,it came really nice!!cannot upload picture!!

To cancel those orange highlights i have used 9/16 CT with a bit of /18 relights and 1.9%,1:2 ratio on dry hair for 20 min,it came really nice!!cannot upload picture!!
for future reference, I don't think it's recommended that you intermix colour touch shades with the relights shades.

for future reference, I don't think it's recommended that you intermix colour touch shades with the relights shades.
So relights must be used on their own??

So relights must be used on their own??
Yeah, you can mix the relights together, but I don't think you can mix them into the regular colour touch shades.

Latest posts

Back