Colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ts-sam1981

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advice please

My sister has chunky, foiled highlights and has been over-highlighted.

• She wants to switch to a very natural looking with her roots matching her natural hair colour.

• Natural Depth : 6/0
• Percentage of White: 0%

•Previously Coloured Hair Level: 9/0 and bleached highlights

• Previously Coloured Hair Tone: Gold & Neutral Target Shade:
• 6/0 at root, down to 8/0 or 9/0 on ends and bleached highlights

•Doesn’t want to see warmth.

•Porosity of the hair is poor on the ends

What would you suggest?

I would approach this in two steps, firstly if she wants to see some highlights further up, I would foil this first, even if it just a few over the hairline so that she doesn't feel too dark.
Then I would go though the hair section by section, weaving each section and "lowlighting" with a demi-permanent colour to match the roots. This is to reduce the amount of highlights and also to connect the roots with the lengths and ends. When doing this it is essential not to take the lowlights all the way to ends, just blend them down into the mid-lengths. I would personally do this freehand without foils, but you must work very cleaning and have a towel to wipe your gloves after each section.

After the colour has been rinsed then I would do the blending stage with your toners. You can either do the root shadow first, merging the root colour into where the blonde starts to and blend it into a lighter toner into the lengths and ends, or do them separately if you want more control. I'd definitely leave the hairline to last so it doesn't look to dark around the face.

If porosity is an issue you might need to add a small amount of gold into the formula. Also if you did the lowlights first, you can always use a level 7 for your root shadow if you want a softer blend, or a 6 for a more contrasting effect.

Latest posts

Back