Colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizzyS_

Reaction score
My lady currently has bleach roots with a 9-55 toner and a squirt of 9-0 (Schwarzkopf) However she's texted me tonight saying she wants to use a tint rather than bleach and shes also wanting to go a base deeper.

I'm thinking of using 9-4 with 9-0 6%.. Ive explained that its obviously going to a warmer colour as its a tint. Her natural is near enough grey all over being very white through the top. Just wanted opinions on what u would use please! Many thanks x

My lady currently has bleach roots with a 9-55 toner and a squirt of 9-0 (Schwarzkopf) However she's texted me tonight saying she wants to use a tint rather than bleach and shes also wanting to go a base deeper.

I'm thinking of using 9-4 with 9-0 6%.. Ive explained that its obviously going to a warmer colour as its a tint. Her natural is near enough grey all over being very white through the top. Just wanted opinions on what u would use please! Many thanks x

tbh for all the hassle it's worth working out % of grey, levels of lift needed in darker areas, counteracting warmth... I would just explain to her that the bleach and 3% is equally if not less damaging then a tint with 12%! (I guess you'd use 12)

Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
Does your client want to drop down to an 8? If so why use the 9?

I'm not arguing with you. I don't use Schwarzkopf so I'd be genuinely interested in knowing your reasoning.

I was thinking the 8 might grab to much, as she is very blonde.

And would be a tint rather than using an 8 as a toner

I would just advice her to use some conditioning treatments, they counteract the damadge of bleach easily!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Jamie.

10401426_10152424810595845_1427065817624719819_n.jpg
If shes that grey/white you dont really need to use bleach anyway surely? I use 9.23 in affinage on my mum (in photo) whos hair is very silver at the top and is about 50% grey through the back of the neck. I use 6% and it gives a lovely multi-tonal blonde, no need for bleach at all. You dont need to use 12% with tint on grey hair! Read manufacturers instructions, for grey coverage most of them suggest 6%.

10401426_10152424810595845_1427065817624719819_n.jpg
If shes that grey/white you dont really need to use bleach anyway surely? I use 9.23 in affinage on my mum (in photo) whos hair is very silver at the top and is about 50% grey through the back of the neck. I use 6% and it gives a lovely multi-tonal blonde, no need for bleach at all. You dont need to use 12% with tint on grey hair! Read manufacturers instructions, for grey coverage most of them suggest 6%.

I agree, I've not long been doing this lady's hair, she was passed on from a stylist who is now on maternity leave, so I've been following the stylists instructions as the client was happy with the colour. I also no that you don't use 12% for grey coverage...

Yeah the comment about 12% wasnt directed at you but another poster, though im sure they also know that 12% doesnt need to be used on grey hair tehe

What's her base? Is she 100% white?

I've done it ladies.. 9/4 with a bit of 9-0 6%. Was a fab colour 😊

Latest posts

Back