Colour after Chemo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alicecat

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how soon after chemo can I colour my clients hair with foils???? Thanks

i coloured a clients hair about a year after her chemo, she had started shortly after though with another hairdresser and found that her colour would take quite alot darker than she wanted, i done a strand test to be sure before colouring but found it was fine i wud do a all over tint and highlights. What i will say is her hair was very dry and frizzy in areas which was def her chemo hair as i could see it grow out and her natual hair that came though was so different. I would say do ask her to check with her doctor and then do a strand test and advise on some good haircare as her hair will be different to what she was used to.

it depends on the person..but a skin test is a big must...even if the client has never had any problems with tints before...then a test cutting...hair can grow back dry fizzy but also healthy and voluminous...each person is very different.....the test cutting will determine if the hair is up to colouring but its the skin that is the important factor even doing foils...the skin can be very tender and sensitive after chemo and radiotherapy and both....also i agree a letter from g.p or consultant is the first thing i would get

Latest posts

Back