Colour again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditatastic

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got some hair strands to have a play with some colours to decide what im going to use on the dip-dye I asked about earlier, she's a 4 naturally, so far I've used 12/81, which has lifted to a nice 7/38 colour.
I want the ends more of an 8 but keeping the 7/38 shade I've achieved as a blend between her natural 4/0 and the 8/0 ends I want.....if that makes sense!!?!
So, do first do the 12/81.....develop, rinse, dry...and apply a bleach to the ends...then tone. Which would be quite a long process.
Or...apply the 12/81 leaving the ends where I'd apply the bleach....develop together and then tone? My only worry with the 2nd option is knowing how purple the 12/81 is...will it leave a lilac/grey ring to my bleach section where they will undoubtedly touch?

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry...trying to upload my results photo ....can't get it to attach a picture today!!Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

2014-08-17 10.46.48.jpg

these are the colours i have got so far, they look a bit warmer in this photo then they actually are, my phone camera seems to really pick up on redness and increase it for some reason.

the lightest was bleach 3% for 60 mins, toned with 8/1kp 6% for 5 mins. It was really grabbing on and darkening so washed off after 5, would i be better using maybe a 9/1 colour touch for longer development time, would only leaving t5he 8/1 on for 5 mins effect it's staying power?[- sorry not done much toning.

the middle was the result from the 12/81 12% 60mins

top is natural

Screenshot_2014-08-02-21-53-20.jpg
this is one of the pics she likes, another is thisScreenshot_2014-08-02-21-38-32.jpg

Do it in one step- highlift will go purple if put over bleach, your putting bleach over highlift so that won't happen

View attachment 72982

these are the colours i have got so far, they look a bit warmer in this photo then they actually are, my phone camera seems to really pick up on redness and increase it for some reason.

the lightest was bleach 3% for 60 mins, toned with 8/1kp 6% for 5 mins. It was really grabbing on and darkening so washed off after 5, would i be better using maybe a 9/1 colour touch for longer development time, would only leaving t5he 8/1 on for 5 mins effect it's staying power?[- sorry not done much toning.

the middle was the result from the 12/81 12% 60mins

top is natural

View attachment 72983
this is one of the pics she likes, another is thisView attachment 72984

You should not be using Kp with 6% to tone you should be using pastel ratio: 1 part tint 2 parts pastel. I would try 9/8 as a toner
Wella don't have 3% if that's what you was using?
I would go with blondor and pastel (2.9) to lighten then tone with 9/8
If the hair is in good enough condition then blondor and 6% will be find for this being as it's a level 4
Try both Do some new test pieces see how you get on x

You should not be using Kp with 6% to tone you should be using pastel ratio: 1 part tint 2 parts pastel. I would try 9/8 as a toner
Wella don't have 3% if that's what you was using?
I would go with blondor and pastel (2.9) to lighten then tone with 9/8
If the hair is in good enough condition then blondor and 6% will be find for this being as it's a level 4
Try both Do some new test pieces see how you get on x

Ok, would using colour touch be better than kp and pastel for toning or are they as good as each other?
Hair is virgin and in great condition, the reason I used the 3% with bleach was I knew the 12/81 would be on for 60 mins so the slower bleaching on the ends at the same time would be better to save washing it off earlier? What do you think?

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back