Colour before

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyflamingo

Reaction score
Oh no !! I have just seen an advert for colour before on television ! Cue lots of orange headed clients entering the salon ! Seriously , why are the manufacturers behind these products hell bent on encouraging complex technical services as a DIY service ?!! how do we all feel about these kinds of products on how they affect or trade ? My opinion is that in the end , these clients will come to the salon after one too many disasters however I hate the unnecessary difficulty involved in these corrective procedures! Opinions ?

The public feel if they buy products like that then there hair will be sorted but the majority end up coming into the salon to have it fixed as its gone "wrong"... xx

I wish they'd stop making these things it will only spell trouble....!x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Agreed with both of the above , what infuriates me more is overhearing other professionals raving about these types of products!

Oh it infuriates me when I hear of a 'professional' recommending box dyes/colour removers to clients, I went out to a lady last week & she was telling me that her last hairdresser used to use box dyes from the chemist to do her colours with.......so unprofessional it really bugs me!....rant over.lol xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

What i dont get is these colour befores are actually £12.00 a box on long hair you need 2 to 3 boxes so thats at least £24 and the majority of my clients who i have spoke to have never got it right and they had to at least colour the hair 4 times after that now after all that the price nearly represents what you would pay in a salon any way but in the salon you wouldnt have all that stress i just wish there was a good way of educating them as the amount of people that ask me for a quote and then i tell them explain what it would involve etc they then dont want to know its soo frustrating x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What i dont get is these colour befores are actually £12.00 a box on long hair you need 2 to 3 boxes so thats at least £24 and the majority of my clients who i have spoke to have never got it right and they had to at least colour the hair 4 times after that now after all that the price nearly represents what you would pay in a salon any way but in the salon you wouldnt have all that stress i just wish there was a good way of educating them as the amount of people that ask me for a quote and then i tell them explain what it would involve etc they then dont want to know its soo frustrating x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Agreed !! It would have been less costly and generally more beneficial to just go to the flipping salon in the first place !! X

Latest posts

Back