Colour brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemsouray

Reaction score
My first post! excuse me if I sound silly at some point.
I am possibly going to open my own salon next month and I would like to ask other salon owners which colour company is best to buy from? I am used to loreal but I worked with goldwell about 10 years ago and found their crazy colours much better. I also worked with Helen Steward colours, which were great but can't seem to find them in UK. Any ideas? Thank you

Contact a few reps to see what deals they can offer you and also factor in regular training. Also, consider the retail side of salon ownership and which brands you’d like to sell. I don’t use TIGI because there’s too much diversification and clients can buy it everywhere.

Sorry, I’ve not heard of Helen Steward colour.

Depends on what you look for in a colour line. I originally bought some blonde and light brown colour swatches online and bought a few colours from about 8 different lines that I was interested in and then tested them out. On grey hair too. I think to have one budget line, and one expensive high-end line is a good way to go, but not necessarily be fully stocked in one or the other until you really know which you prefer and whether the quality outweighs the higher cost etc. I'm at that point of choosing also. Higher end lines - I really like Joico, Keune and Alter Ego. I love Paul Mitchell also but find them quite expensive. Redken shades eq gloss are also good. Slightly lower end in terms of cost - I really like Framesi and their bleach. If colour quality and great education is what you want - the line i've heard that offers fab education is Sensus and that the colours are very good. Colour tubes are 100ml as opposed to 60ml also.

Thank you. Both your replies are very helpful.

Latest posts

Back