Colour changing gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
Hi, could anyone tell me what brands do the colour changing gel polish or normal varnish? I've noticed a girl I went to college with has offered them and I'm curious as to know if it's a decent brand or just a cheap brand like blue sky? xx

Hi, could anyone tell me what brands do the colour changing gel polish or normal varnish? I've noticed a girl I went to college with has offered them and I'm curious as to know if it's a decent brand or just a cheap brand like blue sky? xx

Le Chat Mood polishes. Le Chat is a professional product. I have bought one Scarlet Star, to try, but have only done a swatch so far. The consistency was good and product works well when tested with hot water.
There are some other threads on here about this, also some YouTube videos as well, which may help you.

Le Chat Mood polishes. Le Chat is a professional product. I have bought one Scarlet Star, to try, but have only done a swatch so far. The consistency was good and product works well when tested with hot water.
There are some other threads on here about this, also some YouTube videos as well, which may help you.

I'll have a look thanks, to be honest I really don't think she will have purchased professional products as she buys the rest of her stock from eBay and still charges full price for her services... really rubs me up the wrong way does this 😠

Gel II also offers a large collection of color changing gel polishes.

Orly gel fx has a shade shifter top coat that you apply over your colour. I think it turns it from whatever colour it is, to a really dark navy, not quite black x

I have about 12 lechat colour change gel polishes and love them. They are easy to apply,work with my gelish base and top coat and last as long as gelish would. They have some gorgeous colour combinations. X

So does it not need to be used as a full system? Could I use it with my shellac base and top coat and cnd lamp? Xx

The le chat ones are amazing! You can cure them with your uv lamp but not with the shellac top and base coat

It could be Bluesky I know someone who does nails that uses Bluesky colour changing polish - x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I just ordered a bunch of the LeChat mood polishes, haven't recieved them yet but I am going to try them with my Gelish base/top. I think that as it is a gel polish (not a polish hybrid like cnd shellac), that it needs to be used with a gel base/top like Gelish. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Shouldn't the whole system be used like you would with Gelish and Shellac to guarantee correct curing etc x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Gel II reactions are fab.

As a system it requires no base coat, and you use it with it's own top coat as a system (as with all gel/power polishes)

Latest posts

Back