Colour changing Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytreats75

Reaction score
Heard it all now! Just had a client ask me if she can book for colour changing Shellac. She screen shot another therapists fb page and sent me this.
I HATE other 'therapist' Using the Shellac name when its not grrrrrr!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398511759831.jpg
    1398511759831.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,166
I've had the same request and from researching "why" it would be called shellac which it isn't!! Turns out it's by bluesky but therapists are saying its shellac like your post! I researched as I thought I was missing something Cnd had brought out but no I wasn't.

All you have to say us "sorry but I only use genuine CND products and their Shellac range doesn't have a colour changing polish. I believe it's possible to buy a non-branded version but it's not something I do"

End of! :wink2:

Yeah thats how i responded! So annoying though. My worry is these clients have their so called 'Shellac' nails done then when they dont last 14days, clients think that Shellac is rubbish. When its not even shellac they are getting!:mad:

What's the colour change? The glitter??! Unfortunately shellac is now like the name "hoover",we call it a Hoover even though its a nilfisk!! I always re-iterate that my products are the original,genuine shellac...educate your clients on the importance of using reputable brands and they will inevitably tell their friends when showing off your fabulous creations!!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Changes colour with heat apparently :confused:

The salon I work in uses LA Gels and they have a thermo change gel range. Very popular. I use gelish myself but people do like a novelty x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Changes colour with heat apparently :confused:

Hmmm...haven't heard of it! I think that would freak me out,seeing my nails change colour!!! "mood nails" lol!

I have the Le Chat ones....I quite like them but always have to wonder why my pinkies stay different colours from the rest of my fingers lol.

Hmmm...haven't heard of it! I think that would freak me out,seeing my nails change colour!!! "mood nails" lol!

I have LCN gels and they carry a thermo colour changing gels that are fabulous :)
People love them.
I have the entire CND Shellac range and they do not have colour changing polishes

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I quite like the way the tip stays a different colour. I have no feeling in 3 fingers on my right hand and these always stay the cold colour lol x
Love this colour
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398553353.588387.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I use it on my clients they all love it and it does last 14 days. They love it for when they go on holiday etc. My clients know it's not CND. I use both products cnd and bluesky.

I think it's a snobbery that some tech's think that you can only use CND. Is it really the end of the world. Look at how many different spray tans there are.

My advise buy some bluesky, :)

I don't think it's snobbery. It's the fact that bluesky is fake (search for it on here, there are loads of threads) and tried to make money by imitating CND shellac, even copying the same names of colours. Bluesky isn't allowed to call itself shellac anymore due to a recent court case that CND won.

I'm not writing that for a debate but just some people can make an informed choice x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not writing that for a debate but just some people can make an informed choice x

Tapatalk

Yeah I agree it's all about choice. I explain to my customers what it is.

Latest posts

Back