Colour correcting red using Koleston?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlondon

Reaction score
I have light ash brown hair normally with highlights about 1/2 way down the ends and 20% grey. I used Koleston 6/0 with a 20% developer to cover greys at my roots but it came out too red(although good grey coverage). I may of kept it in too long (30 mins)? Last time i used a 10% developer and this didnt happen but the colour also came put much too quickly so I increased the developer. How can I colour correct the red tone and what should i be using next time to get an ash brown and no to very minimal red tone?

I have light ash brown hair normally with highlights about 1/2 way down the ends and 20% grey. I used Koleston 6/0 with a 20% developer to cover greys at my roots but it came out too red(although good grey coverage). I may of kept it in too long (30 mins)? Last time i used a 10% developer and this didnt happen but the colour also came put much too quickly so I increased the developer. How can I colour correct the red tone and what should i be using next time to get an ash brown and no to very minimal red tone?
Are you a hairdresser?

No i am not a hairdresser, i do brows

Stick with brows and visit your hairdresser for hair colour. :)

Latest posts

Back