Colour correction advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie6777

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I need some help with clients colour correction. She stripped her hair with b4 shop bought product then used a light ash blonde box colours resulting in blonde natural regrowth then an inch of red with middle and ends ashy toned. As first picture. Bleach bathed with 20 volume for half an hour resulted in even colour but still far to warm.
My question is how to counteract this red tone in second picture to a level 10/11. Ash is turning it more red. I don't mind which colour house I use, just need advice on best way to resolve problem. Thanks in aadvance, any help/ideas appreciated. Would a colour touch or quasi be the better option?

It isn't lifted enough to be a 10.

11 is not a level.

Think about your colour star and what neutralises what.

Agree with Cams, it needs more lift. Especially before toning for an end result x. What end result does client want?

How is condition of her hair?

I don't see the ashy tones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

The b4 product she used didn't remove all the artificial colour molecules. Most clients don't understand the science behind permanent colour and so don't use these sort of products correctly.

What was left has re-oxidised and that's why it's showing a strong red cast.

You have to bleach it again to a higher level. What's the condition of the hair like?

Thanks for all your replies. I don't think her hair can take any more bleach so will have to go to something that will neutralise the red/ginger tone. Will check colour wheel but adding ash just brings out the red tone.

The colour she has is orange not red so u need to think about what colour on the wheel neutralise s orange xx

Thanks for all your replies. I don't think her hair can take any more bleach so will have to go to something that will neutralise the red/ginger tone. Will check colour wheel but adding ash just brings out the red tone.

What ash have you used?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back