Colour correction blonde to red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsoap

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, I did my friends mums hair and it looked beautiful, eliminated all the warm tones, it was a beautiful ash blonde. Then a week later she whacks a purple and a blue colour all over it.... as you can imagine I'm devastated. It's turned green and she keeps asking me to sort it out....... which I really don't want to lol! In previous experience it's hard to get rid of that colour. Once it's there it's there you either have to cut it out or go dark. I suggested dying it red, a nice autumn colour, my friend suggested I use colour touch but I haven't actually used this since college and I'm a bit rusty! If you lovely people could help me it would make my day. Her natural colour (roots) is about a 5 , I have been putting wella illumia on it 9/01 with a bit of 7/87 (will check when I get home) I've uploaded pics and also a pic of colour I suggested. I don't work in a salon anymore I only do close friends and family, thanks in advance xxx

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    506.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    506.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 55
You'll need to remove those colours first, its not a simple process & a lot of product will be needed, it's going to be a huge job, like £150+ & 8 hours type thing not a freebie! Personally I wouldn't touch it if your not experienced. Well tbh I wouldn't touch it anyway for the cheek of it!

As above.

The purple is probably a semi so sits outside the cuticle layer. Demi and permanent colour molecules are inside the hair shaft so its not a straightforward neutralise situation.

I don't mind people playing with crazy colours at home but if they want a professional colour correction afterwards, they have to be prepared for the time it takes and the cost.

Thanks for your input ladies ! I'm just dreading touching it. I haven't done colour correction in years, I work in a college as an administrator now for the hair department funnily enough lol , I suggested she go into the salon there so the level 3's can work their magic But she wasn't too keen. I said to her it would be cheaper to have it done there. It's just the cost of it all I don't think it would really cover what I would charge her. My friend said to do a colour melt with dark red on roots and then a lighter red through the mid lengths and ends but like you guys said you still have to eliminate the green colour first, perhaps a bleach bath but I'm sure that would make it bright green!! I said I would do it but I'm not sure what I would say to get out of it now [emoji30] xxx

Be very cautious with bleach and do a strand test first.
If the purple is a direct dye, such as Crazy Colour, the bleach will probably lighten it a smidgen and then stain the cuticle layer a pale turquoise blue. If that happens, nothing will remove it...!

Latest posts

Back