Colour correction help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWHC

Reaction score
I have a client coming in with a mixture of box colours and salon colours. She has vey long hair and her ends are a very warm level 5 to 6. She hates the warmth and wants more of a flat 7 .
I use Goldwell and have just purchased Olaplex . So will be using it for the first time.
My plan is to use 10 vol with Olaplex to lift colour. Then rinse. Then apply 7na 10 Vol all over.
I'm just wondering if I should use a colour remover before?
And do I do a stand alone treatment aswell as adding it in colour? And if so when would the correct time to do this?
Thank in advance. X

I would always use a colour remover first.

Just remember that with lightener olaplex can slow the process so either up your peroxide or leave longer.

Is there any particular one you can reccomend. Goldwell don't do one at the moment?

I've used Affinage.

Thank you. Yes I have used that one before . Thanks for you help x

I used 7na on mine a few weeks back & was too warm, I'd go for a 7a, just used it on one of my customers & it's a much nicer colour x

Yes It does sometimes come a bit warm. I think I was playing safe as I'm lifting it first didn't want to go green. Will just have to be careful of not lifting it to light. X

I think goldwell ash is blue based so you'll be fine. X

Latest posts

Back