Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjh1

Reaction score
I am finishing a colour correction tomorrow and I'd like advice on my last process! My mind has gone blank! The lady's hair has had 3 sets of bleach h/l in 5 months.we will be doing full head roots tomorrow,it is slightly yellow still.I want to use koleston 12/11 to tone it can I use 20vol or 40vol??? Thanks.

Never used koleston but I've never heard of using 20 or 40 for toning....only ever 10vol x

Hi you should never use the 12 series to tone as they have a very high ammonia content, which makes them harsh and it means they will lift on the natural hair too - not a good look x try 10/1 or 10/16 koleston with pastel instead x

Never used koleston but I've never heard of using 20 or 40 for toning....only ever 10vol x

Most colour houses use 10vol to tone, but Koleston don't have one in their range. They have 'pastel' peroxide for toning which is around 2.9% I believe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you!! I have 10vol! I'll use that!

Why would you use 12/11 as a toner? You shouldn't use a 12 for tone its for lift. If you want to tone out yellow you should use 10-16 and pastel developer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back