Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shypurdy81

Reaction score
I'm doing test pieces at a consultation Friday but wanted some advise . The lady is wanting the bottom colour all over ?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398893484.396285.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

Her roots a very dark so I'm thinking bleach on them and a semi ash toner for the middle band of colour and completely leaving her ends , apart from when I use a moisture and protein treatment on it x

I would bleach her roots and also her mid lengths, 3 or 6% on roots and 1.9% on m/l then tone
A semi toner won't lift the band
I'd also cut about 4" off.

I would bleach her roots and also her mid lengths, 3 or 6% on roots and 1.9% on m/l then tone
A semi toner won't lift the band
I'd also cut about 4" off.

Thank you and yes I agree about the cut too xx

I'm doing test pieces at a consultation Friday but wanted some advise . The lady is wanting the bottom colour all over ?

View attachment 63754

I agree, the toner won't lift the band lighter to match in, it needs more lifting if the hair can handle it. I would use 3 or 6% on the root but leave the first 1cm out at the scalp then 1.9% on the band. Once the root starts lifting then go back through and do the roots at scalp. With roots that big you would end up with a band again as the heat from scalp would lift the first bit of root lighter.

It will no doubt need a toner once done but I would tone the ends down slightly also as they are very light looking...would help blend it all in also.

Might take a few appointments to get it all even as you are not starting with a blank canvas so I'd let your client know that. Hth x

Is that four different colours in it?! Wow. Home colour?

Remember to advise your client proper home care and that to maintain the colour she should get it done more often than every six months... :-/

Just one more thought, the more I look at it the more I'm thinking it's OTC box colour that the client has been doing herself...maybe an incompatibility test and strand test first is where to start!

Is that her natural root or has it been coloured?

Is that her natural root or has it been coloured?

Yeah i thought she has maybe attempted her own root stretch? Ends are so light i would try and advise her to maybe have some darker foils going throught to break up the brightness of it! The root maintance on that would be annoying if that is her natural colour and will be hard not to overlap when doing root touch up. X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure consultations tomorrow x

I would suggest you to consult with a professional near your area. Only he/she can give you the best idea about the way to get best color and style.

Last edited:
Her roots aren't that dark to be honest its just the contrast between the blonde. She is a base 6 or 7 from that picture the roots should lift fine with bleach the bigger problem is the band I don't know what an earth she has done to her hair but its truly unique. And another poster has made a good point the roots could be dyed because given the multicolored patchwork she calls her hair you never know. Only do this if your very confident in color correction it could go horribly wrong and the people with the most awful hair seem to expect miracles.

You need to be very careful with your application. And i would do it in stages the band should lift out ok i would do that fist with bleach and low volume peroxide and te wash that off then then tackle the mid lenghts . But your gonna have to be very precise with your application because if you put get it on the roots it will look horrifc nothing worse than hot roots. Ideally you would use cottton woool as you go round the head doing the midlenghts but unless you've seen this done its hard to explain then as soon as you have finished the midlenghts you would go back and do the roots. You will need a good bleach as well the new l;oreal one is very gebtle but lift like indola. Make sure you tell her its major color correction and not going to be cheao beacuse I wouldnt book anyone else in while this is processing youll have to watch it like a hawk. And do a metalic salt test with some ammonia beacuse honestly god knows whats on her hair. Good luck and please take a before and after we never get to see the end of these but this i would like to see.

Hi ya she canceled consultation and we not rebooked yet as I've been mega busy thank you for your advise x

It looks to me like a really badly done attempt at ombre....either using home colours or a very outdated/inexperienced stylist......wowzers.

Let us know if you do end up doing her hair!

The stripes look like "boldlights" to me..an upcoming trend. Maybe done as a model for a hairshow. Client couldnt have done all that herself. It would have looked uneven and muddy.

It looks to me like a really badly done attempt at ombre....either using home colours or a very outdated/inexperienced stylist......wowzers.

Let us know if you do end up doing her hair!

Put it this way I'm not chasing her lol

Latest posts

Back