Colour correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshine92

Reaction score
Hey guys need some suggestions please. have a client with a dark brown root colour withis the colour she wish to have and the two brassy mid length to ends look. So she want a beige look from mid to ends. She explained that she dont want balayage but I told her I will do ISit a balayage look as thats what her picture shows. Am planning of doing a highlightening in foils for midlength to ends with either bleach or 11.0 permanent then lowlight root with 5.0. Then tone down the foils with 8.3+8.1. I use fanola but willing to go with other colour suggestions from you guys. All suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you all.
Note: I have attached her current hair and what she wish to achieve here. The top picture is what she wish to have and the other two lower pictures are her current hair colour

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5738.jpg
    IMG_5738.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7991.jpg
    IMG_7991.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 57
I wonder if your client thinks balayage means ombré? A lot of hairdresser's mix up the two terms, so it wouldn't be unusual.

I think you're right about using a balayage technique with bleach to lighten the coloured hair. You might want to place flat sheets of foil underneath the sections and on top to keep the heat in to help it lift.

Don't use a highlift tint, as this won't do anything to tinted hair. (I'm assuming from the pics that it's not virgin hair?)

Once you've lifted it sufficiently, then choose your toner based on the raw colour you're left with. Looking at the first pic, there's at least two different lighter tones contrasting with the darker base.
In client speak, a caramel and a lighter honey blonde tone.

Depending on how comfortable you feel, you might want to do this in several stages.
Do a root stretch first. Rinse, dry and apply the bleach. Rinse and carefully flood the darker hair in between the bleached sections. Apply a Demi/semi to the bleached sections to tone.

Thanks AcidPerm. I will definitely do as you said. Please could you elaborate into more details what you meant by "flood the darker hair"? Does it mean filling the ends that were not foiled with the lowlight tint?
Thanks once again.

wonder if your client thinks balayage means ombré? A lot of hairdresser's mix up the two terms, so it wouldn't be unusual.

I think you're right about using a balayage technique with bleach to lighten the coloured hair. You might want to place flat sheets of foil underneath the sections and on top to keep the heat in to help it lift.

Don't use a highlift tint, as this won't do anything to tinted hair. (I'm assuming from the pics that it's not virgin hair?)

Once you've lifted it sufficiently, then choose your toner based on the raw colour you're left with. Looking at the first pic, there's at least two different lighter tones contrasting with the darker base.
In client speak, a caramel and a lighter honey blonde tone.

Depending on how comfortable you feel, you might want to do this in several stages.
Do a root stretch first. Rinse, dry and apply the bleach. Rinse and carefully flood the darker hair in between the bleached sections. Apply a Demi/semi to the bleached sections to tone.[/QUOTE]
Thanks AcidPerm. Its not virgin hair. I will defi

Yes, Flooding generally means colouring the remaining hair (that's left out of the foils).

For example: If you were doing an ordinary set of bleach highlights using foils, you'd complete the highlights and then lift the foils carefully and paint tint on the hair that's not in the foil. Thereby colouring all of the hair on the head.

In this instance, you need to do this very carefully ensuring you don't apply the lowlight colour to the areas already coloured or bleached. You need to work cleanly and methodically.

Re-thinking this, I'd probably do roots, then the lowlight and then the bleach...

Thanks very much. Everything step you have made clear for me to understand. Am very greatful.

Latest posts

Back