Colour correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrytill1991

Reaction score
Hi all,
After some advise please if anyone can help?
I have a new client that is 80% grey and has been dyeing her hair a level 7 natural blonde (box dye) for around 8 months. Before this she told me she had highlights with bleach and 9 %. Due to the box dye having the cool tones and not adding in the warm tones before applying , her hair has a green tinge. This is my first appointment with her after her consultation and we have decided on a 6.3 all over colour . Would any of you pre pigment the hair with a red tone before applying the 6.3 or just go in with that? Normally I pre pigment the hair but as this is a new client the damage is already done.
Any helpful advise please :) thanks in advance .

If ur going 6.3 all over then ur need to do a mild cleanse to remove green tinge then prepig and go in with desired shade. If she would like a few highlights and the tinge of green isnt too bad id do a few fine highlights and add some copper to my tint mixture.

If ur going 6.3 all over then ur need to do a mild cleanse to remove green tinge then prepig and go in with desired shade. If she would like a few highlights and the tinge of green isnt too bad id do a few fine highlights and add some copper to my tint mixture.

Thank you for your reply :)
By a mild cleanse , do you mean a clarifying shampoo? I have bought a mousse to pre pig in the shade red. I normally use wella perfection but could not get hold of the correct shade.
She just wants an al over colour this time and said maybe in a few months she will go for some highlights .

Usually a cleanse means a mild bleach bath or soap cap as it’s called in some countries. You add a small amount of bleach powder to the shampoo to lift out unwanted tone rather than lifting a level. You can do this at the basin and then towel dry it or a quick blast with the hairdryer before re-colouring.
If there’s only a slight green hue you don’t really need to add a red mousse because the undertone of a 6 is more orange than red.

Usually a cleanse means a mild bleach bath or soap cap as it’s called in some countries. You add a small amount of bleach powder to the shampoo to lift out unwanted tone rather than lifting a level. You can do this at the basin and then towel dry it or a quick blast with the hairdryer before re-colouring.
If there’s only a slight green hue you don’t really need to add a red mousse because the undertone of a 6 is more orange than red.

Thank you for your reply. So how long should I leave the cleanse on for or shall I just apply and wash off? It only has a slight green hue . Then do you think applying the 6.3 after this will be okay without pre pig? Thanks :)

Thank you for your reply. So how long should I leave the cleanse on for or shall I just apply and wash off? It only has a slight green hue . Then do you think applying the 6.3 after this will be okay without pre pig? Thanks :)
You could just use 6/73 +6/3 the /7 tone will be just warm enough to neutralise the green hue.

You could just use 6/73 +6/3 the /7 tone will be just warm enough to neutralise the green hue.
Agree with today on the /7 Brunette. That's if you use Wella.

Like haircuts said, the undertone of 6 is orange not red, so if you were to ore pig you would need an orange.

Going from a 7 to a 6 I wouldn't pre pig.

Also I would use a demi like colour touch as opposed to permanant.

Make sure she get your colour protect shampoo and conditioner to as her hair as been through the wars. Explain to her she needs this before starting, and let her know if she doesn't use it her hair will fade very fast

Latest posts

Back