Colour courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Me Up!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently in college doing my NVQ 2 in hairdressing, I am a private student as I funded it myself and I volunteer one day a week in a salon.

I'm approaching the end of my course and as I'm still not feeling very confident in my colouring and was wondering whether someone could recommend further training with another company. I currently use matrix at college but I am not sure I'll stick with it.

Many thanks :)

Hi I'm recently qualified level 2 also we trained with wella and I'm feeling a little the same. I'm doing hair mobile therefore not really learning from others like you would in a salon. Feeling like I need more knowledge also. I'm in Edinburgh so if anyone can recommend any courses that would be great.

Have you looked on salon services website at he training courses? I've seen a few but is need to travel for wella ones. If like to know if anyone on here has tried them

Salon services do a colouring course x

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have seen salon services courses, has anyone been on one? Would be great to get some feedback :thumbup:

Thanks!

Dennis williams do loreal and wella and a few other courses for hair lv x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My professional advise would be to go on and do your level 3 x

As beckstar said try to complete level. 3 Also stick with one brand for product performance, cost and the education they offer. Most brands have courses locally to support what your doing on level 3.

Hi all,

I'm currently in college doing my NVQ 2 in hairdressing, I am a private student as I funded it myself and I volunteer one day a week in a salon.

I'm approaching the end of my course and as I'm still not feeling very confident in my colouring and was wondering whether someone could recommend further training with another company. I currently use matrix at college but I am not sure I'll stick with it.

Many thanks :)

I'm not sure how far Romford is from you, but Barkers Hair and Beauty are the main /only Matrix stockist in the East, they offer colour courses, worth a look.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks all. I'd love to do my level 3 but can't afford it at the moment :(

In the mean time I'll check out barkers and see how I get on.

Thanks again for all your replies x

I also plan to go on to do level 3 but wasn't possible this year due to personal circumstances. Hopefully next year I can do it but in the meantime would be great to do some other courses to keep me going. Dont really want to wait a whole year without any further training.

Definitely level 3. I felt very unconfident in colour theory after level 2. It was very basic really. Within a month of starting level 3 everything just clicked, it's so much more in depth. Best of luck x

Latest posts

Back