Colour fades

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
Can anyone provide simple instructions on how to do a colour fade, been wanting to try it for a while now but would rather follow instructions as if I try it myself, make a disastrous mess, I'll not do it again.

Do you mean a colour fade when you airbrush? Can't figure out what you mean :confused:

Sorry, meant using l&p, glitters.

its all trial and error, ignore the usuall order of your zone placement for now
for full colour fades i start at zone 3/cuticle and work back to the free edge.
you can then sort out your structure and balance of the nail using your clear when you cap your glitter if you know what i mean....it is trial and error and practise on tips first,
if you want a colour fade on the tip then i start with my smile first then blend the glitter out towards the free edge then. using a different colour at the very edge of the tip stroke the glitter the opposite way onto your first glitter...if you know what i mean(is it called back brushing?) this also works on full nails when you get to the tip.
not explaining very well am i :o

Id like a bit more help with this my friend wants it doing nxt week!

explain what you need help with :biggrin:

How to fade colour? I thought you started in zone i as zone two overlaps that then zone three overlaps that (if you know what im trying to say)?

do you have the ezflow dvd.............that shows you exactly how to do it, starting with zone 3...works better for me if i start that way too, to be honest try it out on tips first then you will know what works for you, thats the best bet.
or antony, jessica or caroline can explain better then myself.

joannerowsell said:
do you have the ezflow dvd.............that shows you exactly how to do it, starting with zone 3...works better for me if i start that way too, to be honest try it out on tips first then you will know what works for you, thats the best bet.
or antony, jessica or caroline can explain better then myself.
hi all, sorry i have not picked this up earlier, but if you call me to morrow or night b 4 9 pm i will talk you through the art, 07974 943681. hope this helps! Have just done a design sculpt class to day and there have been some realy fab designs created!

Latest posts

Back