Colour help-ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois Edwards

Reaction score
Clients hair
Had directions crazy colours over bleach

Now faded and gone blues
It won’t strip out and the colour tests I’ve done won’t cover they go gross and still shows
She wants to stay blonde Any advice welcome wil add pics

1dcdb7b8ce789f8d576a9ee0a2ab1117.jpg

What did you use to strip the hair?

Never use bleach to remove crazy colour. It will only cause it to stain the cuticle layer. Once it’s stained, it’s either cut it out or colour over with a darker tint.

Spent the morning doing a few experiments on strands
Covering with tint and and reversing with copper tones
They came out dirty looking and still the undertone creapt a little on the strong bits
Also a bleach and nxt colour remover
Bleach stripped most so did a bleach and 3% for 30mins with olaplex
The
Jus did an olaplex treatment
Now doing decided to tone with a 912 Silver and we are gunna tone the
Roots out dark Silver to blend blend
So we will still have the colour showing as that’s the only option as she doesn’t want to go dark all over the blue
She wants to keep blonde but it’s so u realistic I need some magic for what she really wanted in the first place

An effective way to remove crazy colour is with high strength crushed vitamin c tablets. Crush them into a fine powder, add strong detergent shampoo and lather onto wet hair. Leave for 10 minutes then rinse thoroughly followed by a deep conditioning treatment as the vitamin c is very drying. It’s less effective if done after bleaching though, but could still be worth a try. Also, the caster oil trick.
See thread below.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/a-method-of-removing-direct-dyes-without-bleach.259369/

The directions purple and blue once bleached will be green. The only way I’ve hidden it was to prepig with coppers/reds and take it to a 5 or 6 base but found that it often has a khaki tone.

Sounds exactly the same as my test pieces I balanced with a copper and a base mix and was still there beneath the colour
Luckily we went to a Silver and a dark root it hide the flecks of green as
Much as possible as used a very violet tonner

Latest posts

Back