Colour help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
I have a new client tomorrow who used to have her hair coloured somewhere else. Her hair is too golden and she hates it so feeling the pressure hence why I want to get it right!!
Her hair is currently a base 9 to 10 but very golden, her roots are 50% grey and natural colour is about a 7, her roots are only about 1/4 " long.
Her ideal colour is 10/16.
If it was bleached I would be happy to be a toner on it but I'm unsure what the best to do it is as it's coloured. Help! I use Wella ☺

I would do a full head of foils , weaved fine - medium , bleach + 20vol . Then tone accordingly xxx

Fab thank you! That was my second option :) I did a strand test today, I used 10/16 with pastel which seemed to tone it down a bit. I think I'll try that tomorrow and see how it looks with her regrowth touched up.
If that doesn't know i'll definitely be doing hilights next time xx

I would foil also, with lightener + 20vol and Olaplex, which will make your volume go down to a 10vol, which will allow you to get the foils in and color around the foils with a toner in a Violet without it coming up too light.

Latest posts

Back