Colour help please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
I have a client who I just coloured yesterday 7/17 at the roots (natural base 5/6) and 7/7 quasi on the ends (previously ombre). Now she decides it makes her look too washed out so she wants to go back lighter and this is the pic she's sent. I'm not gonna be able to get it like this am I?! I know to get it even close I'm going to have to remove the colour first but don't know what I'd use on it afterwards, especially with the roots being quite dark to the ends. Any advice
54610_1.jpg
please? x

She's also sent me this pic, I just don't think I'm going to be able to get such an all over blonde like this in one go.

lauren_pope_10.jpg

Ok been thinking all night and think I'm gonna go more along the lines of the first pic with a kind of balyage technique and tone. If I do that I can leave the colour I put on yesterday at the roots, but just wondering whether I'm going to have to remove the quasi on the ends first? I think the bleach should be able to break through it quite easily as there's a lot of bleach underneath (condition is fine). Sorry I'm thinking out loud here but just looking for someone to tell me I'm right or another way to do it!

Ok been thinking all night and think I'm gonna go more along the lines of the first pic with a kind of balyage technique and tone. If I do that I can leave the colour I put on yesterday at the roots, but just wondering whether I'm going to have to remove the quasi on the ends first? I think the bleach should be able to break through it quite easily as there's a lot of bleach underneath (condition is fine). Sorry I'm thinking out loud here but just looking for someone to tell me I'm right or another way to do it!

When are you doing the colour? The quasi will fade a little after a few weeks, I think balayage is the way forward, bleach an tone with a level 8, adding the tone required after you've seen how well the bleach lifts 😄

You are right! :)
I would use a low volume developer because the quasi will likely lift out very quickly if on top of previously lightened hair, and you only need to take it to a soft gold colour.

But if you begin your balayage higher than the previous ombre, then the hair above will lighten slower than the lower hair so I would try to keep it simple and not create too many different levels in the hair.

Thank-you!
She's booked in again for next week so there's not going to be much chance for fading but I'm going to tell her to keep washing it using a clarifying shampoo if she can. I will do the balyage and then perhaps tone with an 8 quasi. x

Latest posts

Back