Colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte123

Reaction score
Hello,
Iv had some time off and am due to go back to work in a weeks time.... I've just had a client text and ask if she can have a color change. I'll attatch her hair now and what she wants, but I'm feeling abit nervous doing it lol as she's very fussy and will be my first client back so want it to be perfect.

My first thoughts are to do a gentle bleach bath as she is a pure 4.0 loreal. Then put slices going through it, mainly underneath, scattered of the 4, and the purple tint in between.

I've not got a colour chart to hand so I'm not sure on the colour to use to get this purple!?

Xx thanks for any help!
Hair now ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414950092.870580.jpg
Wants this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414950117.303118.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
Iv had some time off and am due to go back to work in a weeks time.... I've just had a client text and ask if she can have a color change. I'll attatch her hair now and what she wants, but I'm feeling abit nervous doing it lol as she's very fussy and will be my first client back so want it to be perfect.

My first thoughts are to do a gentle bleach bath as she is a pure 4.0 loreal. Then put slices going through it, mainly underneath, scattered of the 4, and the purple tint in between.

I've not got a colour chart to hand so I'm not sure on the colour to use to get this purple!?

Xx thanks for any help!
Hair now View attachment 78149
Wants this View attachment 78150

I don't use Loreal so can't help with actual colour choice but I just see violet tones here - maybe like a level 4 violet and a level 6 violet or like a violet red...rather than a flat 4.

I think you are on the right track with needing to do a gentle bleach bath first so you are able to get the vibrant purple tones into the hair.

Hi , you would need to do a deep cleanse first ! Not sure which loreal colours you use I think inoa and dia richesse has more of a purple colour I know majurel hasn't 😉

Cleanse first.
Lift to an orange undertone.
Isolate sections with foils with pre-lightener 10vol.
While that's processing flood base colourin between foils. (Maybe 5.20?)
Once developed shampoo and tone with violet mixtone 👍

..that is bearing in mind if the condition can handle all that lightening.. Strand test first ☺️

I would use dondons technique, lift to a orange-red, base with inoa 3/4 5.20+1/4 Blue and glaze with dialight 4.20 + clear. Might need to adjust the mix for her natural base.

Thanks so much guys. Well I use wella as my main line but occasionally use loreal (Hense the 4.0 she has on now!)

But am a lot more confident in wella as iv not used all the ranges like dialight from loreal, sorry forgot to put that first!

Dondon90 thankyou for such a detailed reply that sounds perfect! I will go with this as her hair is in good condition.
And then tone at basin the prelightened parts how long would u say? Just keep an eye on them?
Xx

Adamlea87 what did you mean by glaze? X

Toner xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah thank you! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415043165.116532.jpg

Cropped it cause she may not want her face put on here.

I lifted her hair in packets and lifted to orange/yellow.
Then applied 55/65 30grams and 2.5 grams /68 and /88 colourtouch

Left for 15 mins.

View attachment 78198

Cropped it cause she may not want her face put on here.

I lifted her hair in packets and lifted to orange/yellow.
Then applied 55/65 30grams and 2.5 grams /68 and /88 colourtouch

Left for 15 mins.

Ooo thats perfect! So you only did scattered slices to get this look and just left her dark in between? Xx thanku for sharing!

Ooo thats perfect! So you only did scattered slices to get this look and just left her dark in between? Xx thanku for sharing!

Yes, scattered slices and 5/75 full head x
It looked quiet pink when applied but went deeper purple the longer I left it on x

Latest posts

Back