Colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma72

Reaction score
Hi guys
So I was planning to use Affinage b-red magenta for a client tomorrow. I used a little this evening for some highlights on my daughter. It didn’t produce as much of a purple colour as the shade chart led me to believe. It’s more pinky than I’m looking for.
This maybe a stupid question, I’m used to wella so out of my comfort zone slightly but here goes....
Is there anything I can add in to make it more purple than pink or am I wasting my time even contemplating it?
If that’s the case, can anyone suggest a good option for a nice rich vibrant purple please?
Thanks people

Most of the lifting colours will be pinky because when you lift you expose warmth. So there is red added to the mix creating a redder violet as apposed to a blue violet.

The only way you could do it is bleach the hair then apply /68 mixtone from colour touch on its own.

So She’s about base 6 now, possibly 5.
If I bleach first obviously I’m going to have copper tones. Use /68 just mixed with peroxide and that will give me a vibrant purple?
Sorry if I’m being thick. I’ve been pondering all evening and my brain is now rice pudding

I prefer my purples to be blue rather than pink based so I always lift to about a 9, then tone to neutralise the yellow, then apply my purple.

So She’s about base 6 now, possibly 5.
If I bleach first obviously I’m going to have copper tones. Use /68 just mixed with peroxide and that will give me a vibrant purple?
Sorry if I’m being thick. I’ve been pondering all evening and my brain is now rice pudding
No you need to lift way past orange, look AcidPerm said lift to a 9, tone, then apply your colour.

Latest posts

Back