Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimldyh

Reaction score
I've just done a client who is a base 5 used xxl box dye blonde wanted her roots to match so bleached roots 10 vol till bright enough orange undertone so used blue toner (ice in blonde me )
She doesn't like it and wants her original colour back this is where my mind goes blank and help need please I use igora most of time ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392676886.851773.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392676958.708855.jpg first is the new colour second is her original colour

I had client a few days ago who had used the purple xxl, I strand tested her hair and it was in awful condition so I refused to colour it.
I would def do a strand test before doing anything more as it can contain Metallic salts. :-/

Same, i also refused a xxl live user in friday. Very high in silicone and metalic salts x

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

I've just done a client who is a base 5 used xxl box dye blonde wanted her roots to match so bleached roots 10 vol till bright enough orange undertone so used blue toner (ice in blonde me )
She doesn't like it and wants her original colour back this is where my mind goes blank and help need please I use igora most of time View attachment 56623View attachment 56624 first is the new colour second is her original colour

Without a doubt the colour after looks so much nicer! The colour before is yellow

Is her problem that the colour is too stark? I always think full head blonde looks better after a week of softening off.
Also not everyone wants a cool, blue blonde. As stylists we strive for the perfect, beautiful creamy tone, which by the way you have achieved here (it looks lovely) but it us not every clients ideal. Maybe pop a a warm toner over to sofen or pop a few lowlights through

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly what we was going for lol I think it's strange for her not to see the undertones the new colour is nice just not her?

Thanks for the comments I prefer the new colour but hay ho it's the clients choice :)

Exactly what we was going for lol I think it's strange for her not to see the undertones the new colour is nice just not her?

I would tell her to let it settle for 7 days and if she still feels the same let you know. Sometimes blondes need to soften off a bit ;) I like a bit of rootage and so do some clients. When it is really fresh I sometimes feel it glows too much. Silly I know, I hope you get what I mean.. I think I do lol

And if she still hates it try an warm semi on a base 9 or a golden shampoo and conditioner. Redken do a warm colour deposit Vanilla conditioner in their Blonde Glam range

I would tell her to let it settle for 7 days and if she still feels the same let you know. Sometimes blondes need to soften off a bit ;) I like a bit of rootage and so do some clients. When it is really fresh I sometimes feel it glows too much. Silly I know, I hope you get what I mean.. I think I do lol

This is exactly what I'm like I feel like a bit of a lightbulb for first week I prefer once the roots comes in a little lol I would suggest a few lowlights to break it up I doubt your going to get it back to the exact same as before as that's yellow just like someone said xx

Agree with previous posts. Let it settle for a few days at least. It'll soften itself. If it's still too ashy for her you could do a semi quick rinse of 9-65. I wouldn't leave it on for long. Treat it like a toner.

Such a shame as first colour is much nicer ! Want to try that toner 😉

Latest posts

Back