Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi_babe

BellaVoi x
Reaction score
Hiya,

Be great to get some advice.

My client is a base 3 and I always do just her roots at a base 3 and comb through so her hair is tinted and she has used box colour previous to me doin her hair. Last time, she wanted a few fine lighter/caramel highlights. So I did a strand test prior, with bleach and 6%, and it came out exactly how she wanted it. So I did a t section just with bleach. She was happy.

But bleach being bleach, it has now turned a little orangey. She now wants a t section of soft, natural light brown highlights. No copper/red tones.
I am thinking a level 6/7 and I know I need to counteract the orange tones with blue.

Can anyone recommend any suitable colours/shades? Would it be best to do the highlights (just roots) with bleach, then apply the desired colour/toner over the top when the hair is wet/dry?

Yes you need to lift with bleach then tone, I'd suggest off the top of my head a 6.1 or 7.1 but of course you may need a different one when u actually have your lifted strands, the process is right tho, when u say caramel can u give me an idea of what that is? Like a 7.3? What colour line?

When she said she wanted a caramel, id say it was more on the line of a 7/3 yes.
But now she wants a soft, natural light brown. I have only ever toned to blondes/ light blondes.
I know I will need to see what the bleach highlights lift to, but im only going to put some bleach on the roots, so it will come out pretty much the same maybe a little lighter (dark golden tones).

So you think a 6.1 or 7.1 would come out a light brown and counteracting the orangeness in it now. Should I put this on when the hair is wet?

Yes on wet, a 7.1 would produce a neutral but maybe slightly beige tone on the bleached out highlights, depending on how orange they are before applying

Latest posts

Back