Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454436826.224799.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454436852.085586.jpg
can anyone give me some advice on colour choices to create this, I have my own thoughts but would love some thoughts from the geeks

6vv max

What colour line are you using?

Is the rest of her hair virgin or is it all coloured?

You're gonna have to lighten her to get the vibrancy in the picture then.
Would you lighten with a colour stripper or bleach and how light would you say it would need to be

Would you lighten with a colour stripper or bleach and how light would you say it would need to be

Well you can't technically 'lighten' with a colour remover but it depends what was on the hair before. You'd usually end up needing to lighten after the remover anyway so you may as well just go with lightener.

Blondor and pastel in a 1:4 ratio.

You need to take it as light as those highlights in the desired pic then slice out the 55/65.

Ok thanks for the help cams

Why did it do this

So I bleached it up. Then put 55/65 on it and it was more or less the same colour as the foils. Not the colour I thought it would be at all !!

Mmmmmm.... think I would have foiled parts to be lightened with a lightener of your choice. Then put 5vv or 6vv on with a healthy squirt of vv mix (Goldwell)
When washing off colour try to wash off tint first to stop Colour bleeding into lightener.

Mmmmmm.... think I would have foiled parts to be lightened with a lightener of your choice. Then put 5vv or 6vv on with a healthy squirt of vv mix (Goldwell)
When washing off colour try to wash off tint first to stop Colour bleeding into lightener.
I was more concerned with the fact it wasn't dark enough it looks more like a 7 than a 4 if it had been a 4 the blonde would of shown up more, really annoying that I took all the time to bleach it up so as to get that lovely purple colour and the all over was the same almost as the foils that was 6.66 loreal. Also I used olaplex and cut it with number 2 on which in hindsight was the wrong thing as I'd did go into the blonde [emoji19]

Just had a thought I used 44/65 and 66/65 to make 55/65 would that make a difference? And I used 20vol should I have gone lower. I'm so annoyed with myself I really need to do a refresher colour course [emoji35]

6.66 is vibrant red not purple I use it in foils for a client. Great colour just not purple! Without a colour chart I can't remember what .65 is think red mahogany but maybe wrong as been a while since I've used Loreal now. I love Goldwell reds and violets.

6.66 is vibrant red not purple I use it in foils for a client. Great colour just not purple! Without a colour chart I can't remember what .65 is think red mahogany but maybe wrong as been a while since I've used Loreal now. I love Goldwell reds and violets.
The 55/65 colour was a wella colour that was used all over and the the 6.66 Ioreal I have used before in foils that wasn't the problem the all over was the problem although she loves it . Question is now how would I correct it and make it purple! Is that possible I might have to start another thread to see if anyone can help me

I've not used Wella in years so can't advertise. I will keep my eyes open for your new thread as am interested in what others say. X

Is 55/65 purple? (Don't know wella but trying to help lol) where does loreal 6.66 come into it?

Latest posts

Back