Colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
Does anyone have any bright ideas what I could do with this head of hair. The client wants to stay light because of the grey regrowth it hasn't been cut for at least 6 months as you can see by the bad condition. I would like to break up the top with something a bit darker but she has a real problem with anything with warmth in it. So I'm a bit concerned that what I put on it is going to look greeny. As you can see the underneath is also pretty awful I'm not sure wether to break it up with hi lights or low lights,it's not as grey as the top. I'm really stumped. Help someone please
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454954306.209192.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454954320.689538.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454954337.507429.jpg

I'd start converting her to a demi. You want something that will color the unpigmented hair and not lift the pigmented hair. There is a lot of warmth theough the mids and ends. I'd foil that out and try to mimick her natural color by canceling out the warmth.

I'd start converting her to a demi. You want something that will color the unpigmented hair and not lift the pigmented hair. There is a lot of warmth theough the mids and ends. I'd foil that out and try to mimick her natural color by canceling out the warmth.

Are you talking about colour touch or richesse ?

I don't use either one for this, just tbh. I use shades eq, but as long as the demi doesn't lift it will work.

I'd go with a level 9n on the regrowth first, then foil out the dark bits and apply the darker color, then run the 9n through the highlights midshaft to ends.

Let me know if you do it and how it turns out. Also, if you decide on a color line, I'll try to be more specific with formulas.

Does anyone have any bright ideas what I could do with this head of hair. The client wants to stay light because of the grey regrowth it hasn't been cut for at least 6 months as you can see by the bad condition. I would like to break up the top with something a bit darker but she has a real problem with anything with warmth in it. So I'm a bit concerned that what I put on it is going to look greeny. As you can see the underneath is also pretty awful I'm not sure wether to break it up with hi lights or low lights,it's not as grey as the top. I'm really stumped. Help someone please View attachment 194126View attachment 194127View attachment 194128
Her hair def looks a little sad! I agree with the other poster about using demi. I would have her do a few stand alone Olaplex treatments first because of her hairs condition, and send her home with the #3 for in between services.

I'd go with a level 9n on the regrowth first, then foil out the dark bits and apply the darker color, then run the 9n through the highlights midshaft to ends.
Would I not need to add some warmth to the end colour, I'm a bit worried it would look a bit greeny

It depends on the line. Redken is a very balanced neutral so no. But if you use well ct, you might want to use 9/03 on the highlights.

It depends on the line. Redken is a very balanced neutral so no. But if you use well ct, you might want to use 9/03 on the highlights.
Interesting. I used 9/7 wella today on someone would that be a colour to use?

I'd be worried that would be a little warmer than shed like.

I think 9/36 would be more the neutral i mean.

In richesse I would probably either use a 7 or an 8 (or mix both) with 9 vol and leave it for 35 mins on the regrowth, last 10 mins on lengths. Afterwards I would foil the whole head with lightener and 20 vol till the highlights are pale yellow.

Oh and a hair cut all the way and Olaplex treatments

Latest posts

Back