Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey19891

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post here....
I have a client who has had a bleach bath and a Base 5/6 applied by another salon (10 days ago) she is not happy with the colour it's is 5 Base with a yellow tone to it, (never seen this colour before!) she wants me to correct this, her hair is slightly damaged, she doesn't want it any darker so I'm after a bit of advice....do I use koleston perfect or colour touch and what tone would you use?

Any help much appreciated!

Last edited:
My first thoughts were koleston 6/7 but would colour touch be a better choice?

What's your goal just a true 5?

Yes, just a natural 5, she likes the depth but hates the yellow tones x

Yes, just a natural 5, she likes the depth but hates the yellow tones x
Go in with a level 6 Color Touch with a Neutral a just a little Violet, but before you color the mid shaft & ends apply a porosity equalizer on them, as damaged hair rejects warmth and grabs color darker & drabber. If you think she's very porous then go up to a level 7.
I'd also use some Olaplex in your formula and start repairing her hair.

Go in with a level 6 Color Touch with a Neutral a just a little Violet, but before you color the mid shaft & ends apply a porosity equalizer on them, as damaged hair rejects warmth and grabs color darker & drabber. If you think she's very porous then go up to a level 7.
I'd also use some Olaplex in your formula and start repairing her hair.
I have to agree here go a level up to a 6 and use colour touch using violet to neutralise out the gold personally I would do this at the basin using water spray to dampen the ends so it won't grab to quickly and keep an eye on it but that's just me good luck hope this helps

Latest posts

Back