Colour pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoe1501

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

When doing your colour pops do you use the same systems base coat & top coat? I use CND Shellac & always used their base/top coat & colour for my colour pops but seem to be going through loads of it lately so was thinking of buying a cheaper version of base/top coat just for my colour pops but wasn't sure if it would still have the same affect?
I know they say you can't use any other systems with Shellac but do you think it would matter with it just being on my colour pops?
Sometimes seems a waste as not all my colour pops turn out the way I plan when playing with layering, nail art etc so have to throw them away. 😃

You don't need a base coat on a colour pop. I use a cheaper top coat for mine as I am constantly trying out new ideas. X

U don't need base coat on colour pops. I also used to use normal top coat and u use such a lot of it! So now I use my brisa lite smoothing gel top coat as all my clients that use the smoothing gel have shellac over the top and so use normal top coat and the brisa lite top coat was just sitting there. I've read that some ppl use vinylux top coat instead xx

Sent from my Hudl 2 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Brisa lite top coat as well, otherwise it would never get used. x

No base coat and I use a cheap top coat to save my shellac one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No base coat and a cheap no wipe top coat.

For plain colours just Paint on the underside of the pop then just cleanse after colour no need for topcoat at all. It's not like it's on a finger nail. So will be fine x

I don't use base coat but I use NSI 'glaze and go' over the top of the shellac (only on the colour pop/sticks) this keeps them shiny. Clients usually chose colour whilst the current colour is soaking off and if any acetone touches the colour pop it spoils it. Glaze and go protects the colour sticks and stays nice and shiny. Hope this helps

You don't need a base coat on a colour pop. I use a cheaper top coat for mine as I am constantly trying out new ideas. X

I do this too. I would be using up all of my base & top coat on my swatches. I use a cheap Sally Hansen top coat just for shine.

Thank you, pleased I asked now, save me loads in base/top coat. 😃

Latest posts

Back