Colour question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss86

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to hairdressing just finished trained but I have a lady who wants me to colour her hair, it's a very ashy blonde and she wants her roots done.

She has grey so I will use half 9.0 wella koleston and half 9.01 ?

But do I have to be careful not to bring it through to blonde thats already on hair as it may go grey/blue??

Or would you advise just using 9.0?

I think she wants to stay ashy but I need tyo double check with her, if she wants to go more gold should I use 9.0 & 9.03?

Thanks for advice is advance, I've not had much experience with colour just done l'oreal colour keys and not done colour change yet!

Also have nobody to ask for a 2nd opinion as I'm mobile.

Thanks guys xx

Can anyone help?:eek:

Hi Lovely ,
can you be abit more specific please ;-) whats her natural colour etc i know you said shes white , is she 100 % xx

I'm assuming ur usin koleston? There isn't a 9/01 with koleston but equal amount of 9/1 and 9/0 would make a 9/01
If they wanted it more gold An u wanted to use 9/03. 2 parts 9/03 and 1 part 9/0 so ur tone doesn't get diluted.

Yes would say 70% white then about a base 7.

So am i right here... if I brought 9.1 through ends it could go grey?? So best to only do the roots?

Thanks so much guys :)

Anyone ? X xx

So am i right here... if I brought 9.1 through ends it could go grey?? So best to only do the roots?

If your changing the tone she has at the minute then you will need to do the ends too, if your matching, you don't need to do the ends, maybe comb through last 5-10 mins to ensure no line from old colour and your regrowth colour.

9.1 on ashy hair already will go more ash yes. So if you are changing the tone, you will have to use different colour on the roots to the ends, also deposit only on ends, not lifting. :)

Just colour refresh the ends by either spraying ends with water or adding water to mixture for last 5 mins. x

I don't want this to come across the wrong way. However, have u not thought about getting more experience in a salon before doing mobile work?
This is quite a simple scenario to over come day to day. So maybe think about either getting a part time job in a salon so u have people to get opinions off or book urself on some fundamental colour courses.

To the guy above - It may be a simple scenario but I am just getting reassurance? Haven't said I don't know what to use! Thought that was what the forum was for.

Thanks to the others- just confirming what I thought! It may only be simple but at least I know I'm doing things right!

I dont think Nige was being unkind he is just trying to help you, i think he needs a thankyou too for helping you with your colour query ;-) xx

He didn't give any help for my colour query.

Not disagreeing with you Piercenidge but I feel like this site is very helpful for those who dont want to work in salon. Although in salon is quite helpful visually.

He didn't give any help for my colour query.

Are you sure? Take a look at his first post which I believe was helping you out.

In fear of starting a he said she said debate and an argument, I wasn't going to comment, however nige did say he didn't mean to offend, I agree with him to a point.... And by this I mean, in salon straight from training you have more of a support network around you, and build your confidence faster, plus more chance to do more from the get go.

But salons are not for everyone so well done for having the get go to qualify and go it alone! It did come across as you were going from what you had been told rather thaexperience, so I see Nige's point which I think was meant more as an helpful option rather than a negative spin. I see how you took it wrongly though :(

He helped with advising on how to mix to make the 9/01 you mentioned or gave advise on the warmer tones.

Hope your colour works out well Hun with all the advise you have had on here, and this is great for a little reassurance or omg what do I do with this?!?! Lol. Wish you all the best x

In fear of starting a he said she said debate and an argument, I wasn't going to comment, however nige did say he didn't mean to offend, I agree with him to a point.... And by this I mean, in salon straight from training you have more of a support network around you, and build your confidence faster, plus more chance to do more from the get go.

But salons are not for everyone so well done for having the get go to qualify and go it alone! It did come across as you were going from what you had been told rather thaexperience, so I see Nige's point which I think was meant more as an helpful option rather than a negative spin. I see how you took it wrongly though :(

He helped with advising on how to mix to make the 9/01 you mentioned or gave advise on the warmer tones.

Hope your colour works out well Hun with all the advise you have had on here, and this is great for a little reassurance or omg what do I do with this?!?! Lol. Wish you all the best x

Thanks nic. This is more along the lines of Wat I wanted to say. Normally straight to the point. An think when I'm typing it. It doesn't come across with te tone of voice I was saying.
I'll give anyone as much advice as I can re: colour an anythin else. Think I'll have to take more time to think before I type.

Thanks nic. This is more along the lines of Wat I wanted to say. Normally straight to the point. An think when I'm typing it. It doesn't come across with te tone of voice I was saying.
I'll give anyone as much advice as I can re: colour an anythin else. Think I'll have to take more time to think before I type.

Hehe I write a reply, the read it to myself as though it was a reply to me. Works most of the time hehe.

What you said didnt sound rude to me, In fact helpful but I was more just trying to mention that if they still choose mobile, we are here to help. There are so many reasons one wouldnt want to work in salon.

First of all. Are you using wella? If so you must use 99/0 not 9/0. This will cover the grey. From there you can choose what tone you want and how much.

Latest posts

Back