colour releaser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtech17

Reaction score
:cry:i went to the wholesalers (sallys) today to buy some peroxide and on the shelf where all the peroxide bottles was were a bottle looking like peroxide but said colour releaser on it, i looked on the bottle but there was nothing to tell me what this does, can anyone please tell me the instruction on how to use it and what it acutally is/does.... im in my first year of hairdressing and are abit confused.

A colour releaser is a devoloper which is used with certain hair colours.

Hi :)

You would normally use a colour releaser with a semi, Quasi colour or with a toner over bleached/pre-lightened hair. The strength can be from around 1.5% or 2.5% depending on the brand. I think color touch do one around 4% (???) if I remember correctly, for a more intensive, almost permanent hold.

You can also use colour releaser with bleach powder on delicate hair(come on we have all been there lol) for soft bleaching.

I hope that is of some use to you :)

Donna x

Hi :)

You would normally use a colour releaser with a semi, Quasi colour or with a toner over bleached/pre-lightened hair. The strength can be from around 1.5% or 2.5% depending on the brand. I think color touch do one around 4% (???) if I remember correctly, for a more intensive, almost permanent hold.

You can also use colour releaser with bleach powder on delicate hair(come on we have all been there lol) for soft bleaching.

I hope that is of some use to you :)

Donna x

I always use colour releaser 1.9% with all my Semi /Demi /Quasi ,
and I still use it to stagger peroxide strength's and to refresh the ends of highlighted hair .
and yes I totally agree its great stuff to start highlights off with if you are slow at first,
At college they only ever used ordinary creme peroxide and ordinary colour releaser to mix with all the different makes of colours, but then again I suppose it comes down to personal choices and what we like to use :hug:

But if you are not knowing what it the heck it is used for, you shouldn't be using it. :D

:cry:i went to the wholesalers (sallys) today to buy some peroxide and on the shelf where all the peroxide bottles was were a bottle looking like peroxide but said colour releaser on it, i looked on the bottle but there was nothing to tell me what this does, can anyone please tell me the instruction on how to use it and what it acutally is/does.... im in my first year of hairdressing and are abit confused.

OK, colour releaser is simply a very low strength peroxide it does exactly what it say it does, it simply releases just enough strength to activate the product it and mildly lock it in. You would use it when manufactures recommend it with their colours ect.
eg Wella have colour touch and they have their own colour releaser called colour touch lotion in two strengths to go with it ,
the next time you are in the wholesalers pick up the wella Colour Touch chart and have look at the instructions on the back ,
then you can compare the colour releaser's and have a better idea :hug: hope this helps

Latest posts

Back