Colour won't stick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy viette

Reaction score
My client hair just won't allow colours to stay! She had ombre but then wanted purple all over so with the ombre I put on a base 6 to match the rest of the hair then we put on a 55/65 looked great but after one wash the purple that was on the mid lenghts and ends has faded dramatically..well not its a very dull looking khaki brown where and the roots etc look amazing still. Can anyone help my clients hair is very fine and she worrys so much about her hair she still would like to have purple all over but the fading isn't great.

My client hair just won't allow colours to stay! She had ombre but then wanted purple all over so with the ombre I put on a base 6 to match the rest of the hair then we put on a 55/65 looked great but after one wash the purple that was on the mid lenghts and ends has faded dramatically..well not its a very dull looking khaki brown where and the roots etc look amazing still. Can anyone help my clients hair is very fine and she worrys so much about her hair she still would like to have purple all over but the fading isn't great.

I use loreal so unsure on wellas numbering system but when you have pre pigged the ombré you should have put some warmth back into it, so 6.3 or 6.34 depending on what shade you wanted afterwards.
My hair also used to have this problem though as it was so porous which is what I'm guessing your clients is, I used olaplex in my semi and the colour literally now will not budge
If you didn't use a semi then I would also definitely do that with a low peroxide as you are only depositing colour.

Olaplex will definitely help, but color not holding is usually associated with a porosity issue, addressing this will help. :)

Latest posts

Back