Coloured acrylic powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stook

Reaction score
hi there

I'm quite new to acrylics and love the coloured powders for tips. Sadly S2 don't seem to have any coloured powders any more but Naio do.

I'm aware I could mix additives in with powders but if I buy them ready made I feel more confident in the short term.

My question is are all monomers the same? Could I use my CND monomer with Naio powders or would I need to buy Naios own monomer?

Thanks x

I have tried this and lifting was awful, I completely ditched the naio stuff and just used orly gel fx for nail art or decoration xx

CND do have additives but never used them xx

Thanks. I'm hoping to just use the colours for French tips so hopefully the lifting won't be an issue. X

I use Naio coloured acrylics they are lovely, really vibrant colours, I've never had a problem with lifting with them, but then I do put a layer of clear to prevent any staining, and encapsulate with clear after, and I think it's best to use the monomer that goes with it, although on myself when adding designs and having a mess around I do use whatever monomer I'm using at the time, but as I've said that's on myself and sandwiched between the clear with the correct monomer if that makes sense, but on clients I'd use the correct system due to insurance issues and what not x

Nsi have a huge selection of coloured powders. I have most of them and they are reasonably priced and lovely to work with however you should use the full system and not mix them

EZflow have amazing coloured acrylics all different colours, glittery ones and all sorts I have nearly every colour collection! And I use with CND liquid, EZflow distributors that came to salon explained they are ok to mix!! Try them, you will love them!

EZflow have amazing coloured acrylics all different colours, glittery ones and all sorts I have nearly every colour collection! And I use with CND liquid, EZflow distributors that came to salon explained they are ok to mix!! Try them, you will love them!
I thought monomers were specifically made for each brands polymers, as this can lead to product break down and chemical imbalances, ruining clients nails, as I said I've mixed on myself, but not for the actual overlay only designs as I always put a clear base layer then encapsulate, I've seen on YouTube people mixing monomers and polymers and always question it, I personally just wouldn't risk it on a client, and if you had a insurance claim against you how would it hold up that you mixed systems?

NSI technicolor range are great and they're strength powders which means you can build with these x

I think coloured l&p look great, but never used them myself, but what do you ladies do if/when the client wants a colour change?

I think coloured l&p look great, but never used them myself, but what do you ladies do if/when the client wants a colour change?

I always put a thin layer of clear first, then the coloured (very thin) Naio coloured acrylics are really pigmented so it's easy to file the thin layer off, leaving just the layer of clear x

Latest posts

Back