Coloured gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helengrace000

Reaction score
Hello when I did my gel extensions course we only used white and natural tips with white, clear and pink gel and so just did French look. The tutor said can buy other colour gels. Or can apply normal nail polish. Or gel polish but this takes so long as the builder gel needs such a long time to completely dry (?).

So my question is, for you geeks who do gel extensions and clients want colour (not French) how do you do it?

Thank you in advance :)

My best advice would be to train huni 😃

Look into coloured gels. Your qualified in gels so you can easily use the coloured ones too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was but I just wanted to know what other people do for coloured extensions! I've never had them myself so I don't if there's a more popular or more usual way of doing it! Yeah guess can look into colour ones altho more to buy :( lol xx

The most common way is to apply polish or gel polish to a finished enhancement.

I don't know who you trained with but that advice is somewhat peculiar. Gel polish over enhancements is standard - and once builder gel is cured in a light that's it. It is completely cured. There is no "drying" with hard gel.

Coloured hard gel isn't that popular these days due to its permanent nature.

Instead of buying lots of colours you would be better off mixing pigments into clear gel to create the colour you desire. But that's something I would put to one side currently. For now I'd focus on the structure of your enhancements & create colour through polish.

In my opinion investing in coloured hard gel is an expensive & exhaustive pursuit. High outlay, low return, minimal popularity. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

Thank you for your very thorough answer :) that's strange unless I just understood her!! Hmm. Yep so can apply gel polish as normal then or normal polish! Thanks for your advice xx

Thank you for your very thorough answer :) that's strange unless I just understood her!! Hmm. Yep so can apply gel polish as normal then or normal polish! Thanks for your advice xx

I thought you meant you wanted an alternative to doing polish or gel polish on top of gels as it takes you too long :s I only do french in gels then apply a gel polish over the top. I would have more colours for acrylic as you can mix powder or glitter with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not really sure what u mean, it's same application except takes bit longer to cure depending on brand.

I have lots of gel colours I never use as I tend to cover in gelish or shellac, i found it bit of waste of money as now have loads of colours that will ultimately end up in bin! When I do use them I do clear tip application as normal, 2 x colour and 1 x clear over top :) xxxxx

Sorry for the confusion!! No I just wasn't sure about applying gel polish over tips. But you do and it's ok? Do you apply tips and all the gels. Then the gel polish too?

I do clear gels with tips then shellac/gelish on top. U still need to do ur usual amount of coats/layers for strength :) xxxxx

Thank you that's great :) xxx

Latest posts

Back