Coloured warm 5 to blonde!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magentahair

Reaction score
Hi, I don't usually use strippers or reduces, I normally persuade client to go down the gradual highlighting route. BUT I have a client who has had 55/65 ct for years sometimes just 5/0, she wants blonde and wants to do it in a day so I am looking for first hand experience of doing this using the above please. Any advice gratefully recieved.

Hi, I don't usually use strippers or reduces, I normally persuade client to go down the gradual highlighting route. BUT I have a client who has had 55/65 ct for years sometimes just 5/0, she wants blonde and wants to do it in a day so I am looking for first hand experience of doing this using the above please. Any advice gratefully recieved.
What's the hair like now, has it faded at all to a 6 or is it still a 5?

If it's faded I would go in with highlights and then use a cool 6 in-between maybe something from illimina.

If it's still dark I'd do a colour remover first, or a shampoo with some bleach and leave it on for a few moments.... Then do what I said if it's faded.

Hope this helps xx

What’s the condition like? Is it very porous? Are you looking to get it to a 9 or 10? If she’s only ever had salon quality oxidised colour, a colour reducer should work really well, then you can easily lift it from light orange/yellow with a mild bleach, thus limiting further damage.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/colour-reducers-versus-colour-strippers.315126/
Condition is Good, not porous at all. Only ever had salon colour. I would like to lift out to a 9, thinking after colour reduces bleach 3% then flood inbetween with ash 8 or 9.

Latest posts

Back