Colouring Asian hair! Help needed and appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aubriehelena

Hi all! New to hairdressing here. :)
I have a client coming to see me who currently has naturally level 2-3 Asian hair at roots and quite far down her mid lengths, and a 6-7 very brassy ombré through the ends.

She is wanting an level 6 or 7 at her base or in her words, a light ash brown. The picture she showed me still has some warmth in it though. And by the looks of it she is also wanting some scattered highlights and freehand balayage in between.

A bit nervous to work with Asian hair as I am not familiar with it and would really love to nail this colour for her. :)

I was thinking of going in with a half or partial set of babylights. Applying a permanent 7.11 or 8.11 + 40volume in between and pulling some pieces through, and freehand balayaging some of the ends left in between the foils. Finishing off by toning with a 6 level on roots and perhaps a 7/8 through the rest? What are your thoughts? Especially regarding the base colour in between as I think I am having unrealistic expectations as far as lifting from a 2 to a 6/7 level with permanent colour alone! I have tried to attach a picture of what she has vs what she wants, but it won't work! I should also mention that we work with loreal. Will attempt to re-upload photos later! Thanks! :) xo

Latest posts

Back