Colouring extensions help, clients in tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairxByxMollie

Reaction score
Long story short, clients hair came darker then expected.
My client wanted dark ish red hair, not ginger.

Would I be able to put a red permanent colour over these to get a deeper red tone?

The hair is from euphoriaone and we don’t have time to exchange them
The photos are the extensions we have and the second photo is sort of what she would like to achieve

d932839fcdefee524212f89e74fd17af.jpg

They
c1a350345adfad4297e8cb1aa0b84e8a.jpg

The hair used in hair extensions come from a variety of heads so they’re already chemically treated to give them a uniform colour. They’re also potentially quite damaged by the processing although they’re usually covered in silicone to make them feel ‘healthy’.
Ordinarily, I’d recommend doing a strand test when re-colouring already coloured hair but the issue here is that your extensions are not uniform so some of the hair will give you a good result but it can’t be guaranteed for the entire batch.
Additionally, colouring them will invalidate any guarantee from your supplier so you need to be willing to accept the risk yourself if there’s a subsequent problem.

The second picture is a fairly rich vibrant colour so it might be worth trying a direct dye semi or normal semi (no developer) but I’d be very wary of using a permanent colour on them.

I find that euphoria Brazilian grade hair and upwards take colour well with compromise to the condition

I find that euphoria Brazilian grade hair and upwards take colour well with compromise to the condition
No compromise! I missed the word ‘no’

Latest posts

Back