Colouring grey hair to be blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyAnne

Reaction score
Hello

I am a new hairdresser and have got to do my friends hair tomorrow. She has quite thick grey hair and wants blonde highlights with slightly darker lower lights. I have chosen koleston 8.07 for the blonder colour as she is a bit yellow at the moment. Can you use high lift tint for grey hair?

For the darker tone, I have selected L@oreal Diarichesse 6.01

Can you tell me what you think? Also, would you use 6% peroxide for grey? I am confused.

I would really appreciate any help here.

Thankyou

whats the percentage of white your working with? and whats her natural base?

Hello

I am a new hairdresser and have got to do my friends hair tomorrow. She has quite thick grey hair and wants blonde highlights with slightly darker lower lights. I have chosen koleston 8.07 for the blonder colour as she is a bit yellow at the moment. Can you use high lift tint for grey hair?

For the darker tone, I have selected L@oreal Diarichesse 6.01

Can you tell me what you think? Also, would you use 6% peroxide for grey? I am confused.

I would really appreciate any help here.

Thankyou

Hi there

Her natural base would be about 5 and she is about 50 or 60% grey

I doubt you will notice the 8 very much I would probs use a bleach maybe 3% and put a 8/9 level toner over it.. When working with grey keep the foils fine and natural otherwise can look stripy! I like to use semis for the low lights as they are more transparent and natural and they grow our better can look very dirty otherwise

Latest posts

Back