Colouring hair extensions ? yes or no

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexster

Reaction score
hi guys ive just had a new client come in to ask if we can dye her hair and her hair extensions..

i dont know the brand of hair and she cant find out because she had them done whilst on holiday in turkey

ive said i cant dye over the bond so we have compromised on low lights

but i have a bad feeling about it and im just wondering if any of you have had experience in dying hair extensions and i would be grateful for any advice

currently doing a strand test to check the condition and tone result..

oh and her hair is bleach white and the extensions match =]

thx xx

I'd stay well away! You only have her word for where they came from, there's no guarantee they're human hair. My philosophy if I don't supply the hair, I don't dye the hair. X

I agree with Fuzion! I heard horror stories of how people tried to colour the extensions and they barely took any colour or just took colours in patches or like half the hair took color. This could be that the hair is not 100 % human hair and could be mixed up with synthetic hair or plastic hair. It could end up being a compeltely different color from her hair and take the color differently! I would only do it if I knew where the hair was from and had coloured it before.

www.theextensionist.com

thank you so much for your replies =] x

the strand test came out ok, but i think i will take your advice and recommend not to go ahead ..

i did recommend her to wait till she needed them doing again, take them out then coloue correct it. then they could match the extensions to her new colour. i still think this is the best way to go, so i`ll tell her tomorrow xx

I agree, stay away!

Latest posts

Back