Colouring hair when pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was fine during my pregancy's . Although im way more sensitive since having my second, tint tingles more on me but no damage or bad reaction. There isn't research to prove its bad or fine, its assumed that as it's on the skin it could be absorbed. I doubt unless you were tinting your all day everyday it would be bad. The main issues is hormones and how they can effect different people. Do a test patch and see....

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

One of my good friends has just had a baby. She was advised not to use colour on her hair because if she did have a reaction, she would not be able to have the medication needed to counteract it as this could harm the unborn baby. Makes sense to me and this is the reason that I do not use tint on any pregnant women.

Oh god you're all scaring me now😩

Iv never had any problems either!...iv just found out I'm expecting twins 😁 :shock I dyed mine black last night all went fine 👍 x

Congratulations:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I remember a similar thread a while back. l'oreal have a policy to not colour on the last trimester. (feel free to quote me on that)

The 1st trimester the colour wont take well due to the changing hormones. 2nd trimester from what im aware is not a problem as long as its off scalp. 3rd trimester its really your call but for me i avoid it altogether..This is why some pregnant woman always look miserable before they have their babies he he he! Do you guys remember beyonce's love on top video with her huge grown out roots that she concealed with a hat because she was pregnant and didn't colour her hair.

I remember a wise ol cat geek saying she always did on scalp for anyone, and never had any reactions. I would patch test because it can get into the blood stream as a huge precaution, every persons different! good luck! xoxo

I remember a similar thread a while back. l'oreal have a policy to not colour on the last trimester. (feel free to quote me on that)

The 1st trimester the colour wont take well due to the changing hormones. 2nd trimester from what im aware is not a problem as long as its off scalp. 3rd trimester its really your call but for me i avoid it altogether..This is why some pregnant woman always look miserable before they have their babies he he he! Do you guys remember beyonce's love on top video with her huge grown out roots that she concealed with a hat because she was pregnant and didn't colour her hair.

I remember a wise ol cat geek saying she always did on scalp for anyone, and never had any reactions. I would patch test because it can get into the blood stream as a huge precaution, every persons different! good luck! xoxo

Will do a patch test, thanks😩

Thank u guys 😉 but do you no what after saying that iv only
Noticed today my roots are looking slightly and I mean slightly warmish after using black hmmmm never had this before could be the double hormones? X

I would skin test even if it's a regular client, skin sensitivity can change during pregnancy. Personally my natural colour darkens during pregnancy and returns back to normal after baby is born. I have 3 little ones and it's happened with every one.
Congratulations on twins x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Iv never had any problems either!...iv just found out I'm expecting twins 😁 :shock I dyed mine black last night all went fine 👍 x

Congratulations 😊 xxx

Huge congrats beckstar!! X

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Congrats beckstar! When I was pregnant my hair wanted to absorb aaaaaaall the tone very quickly. Totally grabbed any hint of ash to a disgusting degree! Have had a few clients whose regrowth hasn't taken quite as well while pregnant aswell just keep an eye on it and follow any manufacturer instructions re: pregnancy :) xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

i would do a skin test first ive never had a issue with any clients, when i had my roots done in my second trimester with both my pregnancies i felt faint while it was developing. so keep a close eye on the client

Beyonce wears full lace wigs with dark roots to look more natural:)

Congrats, Beckstar!

Beyonce wears full lace wigs with dark roots to look more natural:)

Congrats, Beckstar!

I was gonna say, when has beyonce not worn a weave?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I was gonna say, when has beyonce not worn a weave?

Probably never, weaves are too ghetto for her! Lace wigs all the way.

Probably never, weaves are too ghetto for her! Lace wigs all the way.

Haha I call all fake hair a weave! Get with the lingo cams! hahaha

Haha I call all fake hair a weave! Get with the lingo cams! hahaha

😂 get it right

Latest posts

Back