competition...how healthy is it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacky

Reaction score
Sorry guys...Im not often in the habit of starting threads but Im a little disgruntled and Im a little in need of advice
For the past 4 years I have rented space within a busy hair salon.....small room.....well VERY small is the best description!
Four weeks ago I was offered the most unbelievably large (anything is large compared to the past 4 yrs!!!!!!) salon. Rent nice.....location nice...decorator nice( hubby!!!!)...lol :lol:
Ohhh Ive needed this break for ages....
My client base is strong....50/50 natural nails and waxing! Most have followed me from the previous location within the hair salon...not all...but a big %!!!!!!
However..the hair salon I rented from has recently rented the same space to another beauty prof with similar treatments to my own!! There is lots of pushing...one of my loyal customers claimed she was almost pressured into going to the new beauty prof by the hair salon owner!!!! :cry:
now Im not a complacent sort...Im a plodder....but today..I get whiff of one of the leaflets of said beauty prof! Apparently they are "all over the place"!!!!
This is gonna sound bad....but...Im good! No..seriously!!!.....I am!!!!
Im not that complacent to believe Im the best......but this girly has offered 25% off all her waxing malarky!!
now...me...Ive always stanced that Ill not do offers...but Im wondering bout this now....if I "offer"....does it.... or will it...look like im retaliating!??
sorry for this post...but I guess Im tired and vulnerable...but when yer off guard like this.....all sorts happen!!!
xx

It will all work out in the end - ppl aren't daft - well the ones that aren't daft if you see what I mean - your clients who have been loyal to you will in the main stay loyal to you - sometimes they come and go and test the water - but if they are happy with you - they will stay - chin up - be happy in your work and it will shine through:hug:

I feel for you:hug:

If you want to offer, then offer! But don't feel pressured into it just because this other therapist is doing so. If she was that busy she wouldn't have to cut her prices would she?
As long as your clients are happy with what you do, and you're happy with what you do, then the quality of your service and your reputation will shine through:)

People are fickle things! They may try other places and leave you for good, or they may come back to you as the grass wasn't so green at the other place. Give it a few months and then send out a leaflet to your lapsed clients offering a discount or gift to entice them back. Sometimes they just feel awkward to say to you they've tried elsewhere and want to come back as they feel they've been disloyal to you. Therefore you have given them an invitation to them to come back to you.

However if you are good and she isn't then it will just emphasise just how professional you have been to them all these years and they'll come back.

Sassy Hassy said:
People are fickle things! They may try other places and leave you for good, or they may come back to you as the grass wasn't so green at the other place. Give it a few months and then send out a leaflet to your lapsed clients offering a discount or gift to entice them back. Sometimes they just feel awkward to say to you they've tried elsewhere and want to come back as they feel they've been disloyal to you. Therefore you have given them an invitation to them to come back to you.

However if you are good and she isn't then it will just emphasise just how professional you have been to them all these years and they'll come back.
I agree with sassy as the way to go.
xxx

How about offering a loyalty card ? Then regular clients could maybe earn themselves a free treatment or discount off products/treatments.

At my previous salon they ran a beauty club had about 50 members. I think it cost £45 pm & the clients received £55 worth of treatments, also had lots of extra benefits:
15% off all future bookings once allowance used up.
10% off all purchases
Free gift each month

there were a few other things but can't remember !

Latest posts

Back