Competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparadise

Reaction score
Advice please i have recently opened up a nail beauty bar in a buildin about two months agog. I just found out that the hairdresser who is established and been in that building for over three years has decided to now to open a beauty treatment room in her hairdresser meaning two of US now in direct competition in Same building. She has nevrr shown:eek: untersagt in beauty till now . I am gutted as i wouli d. Never of leased. there i dont have alot offen money to enter a price war and i will loose the people who were using my services after visiting the hairdresser. I am trying to finden a positive. Spin on this any advice on how i could competitively compete. Or is my Business. Really doomed

Advice please i have recently opened up a nail beauty bar in a buildin about two months agog. I just found out that the hairdresser who is established and been in that building for over three years has decided to now to open a beauty treatment room in her hairdresser meaning two of US now in direct competition in Same building. She has nevrr shown:eek: untersagt in beauty till now . I am gutted as i wouli d. Never of leased. there i dont have alot offen money to enter a price war and i will loose the people who were using my services after visiting the hairdresser. I am trying to finden a positive. Spin on this any advice on how i could competitively compete. Or is my Business. Really doomed

Goodness sakes have some faith in yourself and your abilities. Why should you be worried. You definitely should not get involved an any price war OR any kind of verbal war. Stick to your guns. One or two clients may give the new person a go but if you are really good at what you do, then there is no need to worry. COURAGE ... keep doing what you are doing .. maybe they are jealous of your success!!! They can only go cheap for so long before they will have to up their prices and then the price will have to be worth it.

If people ask you your opinion just say, " The more people who are made aware of nails the better off my business will be." It works both ways you know. You may get some of the other person's business. Stay positive and don't act defeated before anything happens.

If I were opening a new business I would locate it as close to a rival salon as possible because I would have no fear that I couldn't offer a better job and a better service than anyone else. :hug:

Use the frustration you have in a good way and up your own game :)

Often a rival business will make you take stock, make sure your treatments are top notch, your customer care is impeccable and that you are always professional, bend over backwards for your clients and they will remember you for that.

Your clients may be curious and go there (it's human nature to) just smile and say 'welcome back' when they return!

Michelle x

Thanks for u reply i wish i had u confidence think i finden the Business. Süden of things tougj. I am not into verbal or a price war either i was more worried that as they are establishecd they would engage in low prices that i couldnt compete. But thanks for replying

You are right about no price wars, instead of cutting your prices give a little something extra, a mini hand lotion and a nail file or an upgrade on a treatment on a certain day.

Believe in yourself and you will be fine :)

Michelle x

Latest posts

Back