Complete novice needing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvieNails

Reaction score
hello everyone! So pleased to find this forum, think it's going to be a great help to me

I really need some help Started my nail business, mobile, about a month ago now & I was wondering how long I should be aiming to spend on a gel manicure? I seem to be taking forever still, about 2 hours! My work seems to be good I've had positive reviews but I'm not overly confident with my work I guess which is why I take so long maybe? I seem to struggle getting the polish close enough to the cuticle so it looks like a weeks growth, basically I'm looking for any tips or techniques you picked up on the way that you would be able to pass to me to make my work more precise etc

Thanks in advance

Eve

Do you mean Gel Polish or Gel extensions?

Gel extensions then 2 hours is fine as a newbie and your speed will increase with time and practise.

If its Gel Polish then 2 hours is way too long....have you tried timing each stage to find out where your time is going? Are you chatting too much (this might be my problem :p:D) but I'm well practised and removal and reapply takes about 50 minutes - 40 if the client is in a rush and doesn't chat to me.

Latest posts

Back