Confirming my thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tez85

Reaction score
Screenshot_20190120-064446.jpg

A client of mine is looking to have this colour. I use wella colours.
She is naturally a base of a 5 and have two ideas in mind. My first one is wella special blonde 12/03 with 12% or to bleach the hair up first and use koleston 9/01 to tone.

Which or what would you advise please

View attachment 208404
A client of mine is looking to have this colour. I use wella colours.
She is naturally a base of a 5 and have two ideas in mind. My first one is wella special blonde 12/03 with 12% or to bleach the hair up first and use koleston 9/01 to tone.

Which or what would you advise please
12/03 is a nice colour, also take a look at 12/17. If you prelighten I can't imagine you will want to be using 9.01 to tone. A 5 usually lifts to around an 8 possibly a 9, to tone but keeps warmth I'd be looking at 8/38 or just 8/0. By using 8/01 I think you might get a flat/khaki hue

12/03 is a nice colour, also take a look at 12/17. If you prelighten I can't imagine you will want to be using 9.01 to tone. A 5 usually lifts to around an 8 possibly a 9, to tone but keeps warmth I'd be looking at 8/38 or just 8/0. By using 8/01 I think you might get a flat/khaki hue

I've used a 10/1 on her hair previously and her hair even with 12% and heat doesn't lift much (she's always wanted darker caramels in past) so I know her hair will need bleaching before hand. My first thought is to go for the special blonde, it's just from previous experience with normal koleston colours that they don't life enough on her hair.

I've used a 10/1 on her hair previously and her hair even with 12% and heat doesn't lift much (she's always wanted darker caramels in past) so I know her hair will need bleaching before hand. My first thought is to go for the special blonde, it's just from previous experience with normal koleston colours that they don't life enough on her hair.
When using the special blondes. Let it develop at room temperature, no added heat. Allow to develop for the full 60 minutes. Take really fine sections when applying. You should definitely see lift with special blondes and 12%

Latest posts

Back